are there any test to see if the wine i brew is dangerous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbotheclown

Reaction score
i just started brewing my own wine i saw this thing on the internet about makeing wine from grape juice anyways i was just wondering if there are anytest i could by or make to see if it safe to drink

man thats a hell of a recipe you've got there.......mind if I use it?

um why would it be dangerous? you aren't sanitizing with gasoline or anything are you?

There are two important tests....

The sniff test.

and the taste test.

But first, I suggest you try the cram it all up your.... test. nevermind. Maybe just the are you on crack test?

That "recipe" didn't belong in the database, so I moved it to the winemaking forum for you. You may want to re-post some of the pertinant info, I didn't realize it would all be lost when I moved it. But, the database is not the place to post questions.

The main danger in fermented beverages is the creation of methanol (AKA wood alcohol). This caused by the breakdown and fermentation of the "woody" parts. If you are fermenting grape juice, not a problem. If you are making grappa, you would have to worry.

ughh... grappa... now there's a vile liquid. It smells and tastes like freshly cut grass clippings <YUK!>

I saw the recipe. Believe me, nothing was lost.
I don't think there is any danger accidently making grappa from grape juice unless your name is Jeebus.

Latest posts

Back