Thank you Megan at Whole Foods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBasile

Reaction score
for placing my Pliny the Elder and Stone VE 09.09.09 bottle conditioned beers on their side on the conveyor belt and letting them sit there spinning for a minute or two. I just love all that sediment getting stirred back into my beer! You're lucky you were hot.

That is all.

Don't *****. Atleast you can buy beer at a grocery store, let alone beer like that. The cashiers really have no idea.

Also, I don't think Pliny is bottle conditioned. At least, I have never noticed any sediment at the bottom of my bottles when I had one from the fridge.

I'm sorry for those that were expecting a story involving the meat department.

I definitely see fuzziness at the bottom of the bottle now that its been sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours. Understandable that there wouldn't be too much carbonation, as they go from bottling line to shelves pretty quickly. Mine were bottled 11/9/09.

You said she was hawt, but I would still be upset even if she flashed me. :D

She was wearing a big coat, so I couldn't assess the entire situation, but I'll put it in a way you Texans can understand "She had a purddy mouth."

Don't *****. Atleast you can buy beer at a grocery store, let alone beer like that.

+1

I thought Massachusetts was the only state that was lame enough not to sell beer and wine at the grocery store.

What you didn't know was that Megan was a certified beer expert. She did that specifically to test you. Had you corrected her and struck up a conversation she would helped empty your tap later.

Geez dude, how obvious did she have to make it, she was practically forcing herself on you.

+1

I thought Massachusetts was the only state that was lame enough not to sell beer and wine at the grocery store.

Wow I didn't realize there were states even more restrictive than NC with their ABC stores.

The only reason I ever go to Whole Foods is to check out the beer selection. I can't imagine why anybody in MA would want to go if they don't even have good beer!

Really? A hot chick at the checkout of Whole Paycheck?

The ones ones I ever see at the checkout are tofu-eating emaciated hippie chicks. Eat a freakin' cheeseburger already! Your thighs are thinner than my arms.

What you didn't know was that Megan was a certified beer expert. She did that specifically to test you. Had you corrected her and struck up a conversation she would helped empty your tap later.

Geez dude, how obvious did she have to make it, she was practically forcing herself on you.

:(

Really? A hot chick at the checkout of Whole Paycheck?

The ones ones I ever see at the checkout are tofu-eating emaciated hippie chicks. Eat a freakin' cheeseburger already! Your thighs are thinner than my arms.

This is Silicon Valley though. We have Santa Cruz right over the mountain which acts as a sort of "hippy sponge" and sucks all the hippiness out of the surrounding areas.

There are some mighty sexy girls at whole foods, shopping and working. Ours know their ****, tho...beer is a big thing in Oakland and a lot of people go to Whole Paycheck for the selection. I've never seen anyone around here bless up the bottles. Hell, they even try to individually wrap every one of them.

Just got paid today. I think I'm going to go to whole foods for some dinner and beer :)

There are some mighty sexy girls at whole foods, shopping and working. Ours know their ****, tho...beer is a big thing in Oakland and a lot of people go to Whole Paycheck for the selection. I've never seen anyone around here bless up the bottles. Hell, they even try to individually wrap every one of them.

Just got paid today. I think I'm going to go to whole foods for some dinner and beer :)

What are you going to do with the other 10% of your paycheck? That store is crazy, crazy, expensive... Its really nice though.

Get over it, it didn't really hurt your beer.....not every clerk is a beer geek....a half hour in the fridge and it will all settle back down.

I mean jeez, folks make these threads all the time and no one friken thinks about what the bloody car ride back to their home to drink it is going to do to shaking it up....Unless you're going to down it in the parking lot outside the bottleshop in a brown paper bag, you're going to do just as much bleeding shaking....

Sorry, but even micro breweries like rogue and bells put the bar code on the bottom of the 6 pack, even for the bottle conditioned ones...if they were so concerned, you don't think THEY would change that.

Go back to thinking about how hot she is. :D

What are you going to do with the other 10% of your paycheck? That store is crazy, crazy, expensive... Its really nice though.

I am currently eating a $14 salad. Granted, it is almost two pounds and I probably added $3 worth of vinagrette, but still expensive as ****. Got some hefeweizens and a hobgoblin. Chips, milk, chocolate milk, an expensive ass bottle of S. Pellegrino. I always go nuts after I get my paycheck and then take it easy the rest of the month.

I think I'm going to start shopping at Pak 'N Save again...make stews and other cheap **** so I can start to pay off my bills faster.

Mmmm...these mushrooms are GOOOD....

I probably added $3 worth of vinaigrette

Thats the way to go. Every time I do a mix your own or a buffet I always try to make it as expensive as possible. If they lose money, I figure I win. Either that or add a lot of bacon... Mmmm, bacon.:mug:

all beer tastes the same to me

slap.gif

Get over it, it didn't really hurt your beer.....not every clerk is a beer geek....a half hour in the fridge and it will all settle back down.

I mean jeez, folks make these threads all the time and no one friken thinks about what the bloody car ride back to their home to drink it is going to do to shaking it up....Unless you're going to down it in the parking lot outside the bottleshop in a brown paper bag, you're going to do just as much bleeding shaking....

Sorry, but even micro breweries like rogue and bells put the bar code on the bottom of the 6 pack, even for the bottle conditioned ones...if they were so concerned, you don't think THEY would change that.

Go back to thinking about how hot she is. :D

People read these threads all the time and no one friken thinks about whether or not the original poster is 100% serious. ;)

Come on guys, sit back, have a beer (we all know everyone here has some within 5 feet), and relax.

13 dollar salad? lettuce costs a two bucks a head in ohio. u live in california, it's grown right next door to you. :p

Thats the way to go. Every time I do a mix your own or a buffet I always try to make it as expensive as possible. If they lose money, I figure I win. Either that or add a lot of bacon... Mmmm, bacon.:mug:

If everyone does that, though, then they go belly-up. Then nobody wins...:(

Back