Beer drinking vessels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWilson

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy quality beer glasses? Not just pints, but glasses appropriate for various styles like Belgians, wheats, etc.

Moderators: I know glasses aren't brewing equipment, so feel free to move this to a different forum if this one isn't appropriate.

I was in a Cost Plus/World Market today and saw they carried glass steins, goblets, oversize wine glasses, weizen glasses, pint glasses, schooners, and then a ton of barware that I didnt know the name of.

c

I would check with your local restaurant supply store, that way if they have what you wanted, you could pick it up today.

Thanks for the input and the link. I will do some checking with a local commercial food service equipment dealer and see what they have/can get.

This question is slightly :off: but does the style of glass for a type of beer have more to do with what it was drank from in its origin area than any other particular reason?

I ask because I basically use pints for everything.

Just wondering is all :)

TWilson said:
Where is the best place to buy quality beer glasses? Not just pints, but glasses appropriate for various styles like Belgians, wheats, etc.

Moderators: I know glasses aren't brewing equipment, so feel free to move this to a different forum if this one isn't appropriate.

I actually like ebay for various styles, but I also like having branded glasses.

sTango said:
This question is slightly :off: but does the style of glass for a type of beer have more to do with what it was drank from in its origin area than any other particular reason?

I ask because I basically use pints for everything.

Just wondering is all :)

Good question. (and he did acknowledge that this was not on topic, but I think it might be)

beer glass style is just as important to a beer style, as wine glasses are to various wines.

the correct glass will present the beer to you in a correct way. they insulate the beer in different ways, and allow the carbonation to escape differently.

so if you really want to 'do it right' you'd drink your hefe's out of a wheat glass, kolsch out of those funny straight/narrow glasses, you'd have your tulip glasses to help deliver the bouquet to your nose with a belgian ale...

In fact, the only time I use an imperial pint glass, is for Guinness. I find I prefer a pilsner glass most of the time because I like how it affects carbonation.

malkore said:
so if you really want to 'do it right' you'd drink your hefe's out of a wheat glass, kolsch out of those funny straight/narrow glasses, you'd have your tulip glasses to help deliver the bouquet to your nose with a belgian ale...

Thanks for the information Malkore....also, my apologies for hijacking the thread.

I like a tapered pilsner glass. The taper allows the beer to look darker at the top and lighter at the bottom. If you have a beer with a nice color, these glasses really show it off.

I recently picked up two Imperial-style pint glasses and two dimpled tankards at Cost Plus World Market for about $16. Very good prices on barware at Cost Plus.

My problem in searching around for glassware was the size: I prefer smaller glasses, on the order of 12-14 oz. I don't have the need for 24 oz. Imperial pint glasses.

Target is actually a great place to find glasses. They carry a wide variety of style appropriate glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the set you're referring to:
n307400052_39703_3334.jpg

Found it at Dillards when I was shopping for presents, now I just gotta go drop someone some hints. :)

I will give mine a test run tonight. I have a Chimay and a Stone Ruination in the fridge that I have been wanting to try.

By the way, that Dillards price is really good. These retail for $50, but they were on sale at E-B for $35. There is a Dillards close to the best beer store in my area. I might have to check them out this weekend.

Right behind it was a mini-fridge designed for dispensing mini kegs. I was really tempted. But I don't want to mini keg my beer, I want to corny keg it.

Still, they look like nice glasses, and $20 isn't bad at all. I'm just hoping they still have them AFTER christmas - for less! :D

Latest posts

Back