Ipa recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencecore24

Reaction score
I want to get into ipas. I want a good recipe for an ipa. Either that or ill make one. Do you have favorite hops and grain for an ipa?

Lemme know ur thoughts

Try Yooper's DFH 60min clone. It's great. My favorite hops combo is Amarillo/Simcoe. Grain is least important to me for an IPA, maybe base with some munich and C60 thrown in.

I haven't tried Yoop's - DFH 60min yet, but Ed's - Bee Cave IPA is pretty close to the Stone IPA if you like that. It's the best beer I've brewed so far.

EDIT - Here's the link.. Also, do you like any commercial IPAs? That would give people an idea of what kind of IPAs and/or hops you like. Centennial is my favorite which is why I would suggest the beecave IPA.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/bee-cave-brewery-ipa-59907/

I like this one, and have another batch of it in the fermenter. It uses Bravo, Ivanhoe, Centennial and Cascade hops. Its definitely on the maltier side of the IPA continuum, which is my preference. Short-Nights-IPA

Edwort's IPA is awesome. I just finished up a keg of it. It's going to be my haus IPA, although I plan to make some small tweaks to the recipe next time I brew it.

My personal opinion is that crystal malts don't belong in IPA. Use Munich 10L or maybe Aromatic to get your color (keeping it around 6-7 SRM) and a touch of extra flavor, but really it's all about letting the hops shine to me. And I like mine to finish dry, so adding a sweet crystal malt just doesn't seem to make sense... But that's just me.

Back