brewing kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im 5 brews in now and i have noticed one thing . Extract kits do not taste the same as if you bought the ingredients fresher from a LHBS . go to www.beertools.com they have the largest recipe database i have seen , just go to recipes and in the search section select "extract" and then type "nut brown ale " or what ever you want. it will give you all the ingredients you need and they are usually much more generous on the portions used. here are the selections that came up for what you asked for. http://www.beertools.com/html/recip...p=none&text=nut+brown+ale&sort=recent&order=d

If I see a extract + grain kit at a LHBS that looks tasty, I usually look at the listed ingredients and buy them separately to make sure they are as fresh as can be. At a place like Midwest, I do trust that their kits are fresh, but putting it together myself is more rewarding. Also, I tend to maybe tweak the ingredients just a bit, perhaps adding a little more of this grain, less of that, etc.

I've had very good luck with austin. The kits are always fresh. Watch for sales and they'll be cheaper than making your own recipe.

Back