how to increase my OG now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcarb

Reaction score
So yesterday I attempted to brew a pale ale. Missed my OG by quite a bit. My computer died so I was playing it by ear and, well, my ear sucks.

I think the biggest problem is that I have about 12 gallons instead of 10. So instead of 1.051 I got about 1.044.

1. Is this going to suck completely?

2. Would it be possible or recommended to boil up a very concentrated DME batch and toss it in the wort? I added yeast this morning.

Thanks

Or could I add a cup of corn sugar? What to do? This is going to be for Thanksgiving. I kind of need this beer to be decent and not some watery crap.

1. this beer will not be ready by thanksgiving. there is not enough time to complete the fermentation and finish carbonating it. it will taste like crap on thanksgiving. better make it a christmas beer.

2.Yes, you could boil up a pound of extract in a quart or so of water, cool it, then add it to the fermenter (if there is room).

Back