So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 batches tomorrow...
1) Doing a 10-gallon Stone IPA mash
1a) Standard hop schedule for 5-gallon batch
1b) All Simcoe hop schedule for 5-gallon batch
2) Pliny The Elder - Farmhousebrewingsupply.com 5-gallon recipe (got hops today!!!)

Cheers!
Mike

I have the ingredients for an ESB but need to get another fermentation bucket. We will see...maybe tomorrow.

Getting ready to fire up the BK for an English bitter. I'm going to go out on a limb & use an ounce of Haulertauer in it,since I'm out of Kent Golding,& the Willamette whole leaf is for the wife's brew. Good pipeline filler. Maybe get my wife started on the summer ale recipe I came up with for her tomorrow.

Brewing my first Porter right now, it has been one long hard day of brewing :(

Hopefully tomorrow will be a smooth as smooth can be brew day :)

I'm just glad I finally got the FV cleaned up after that mess the IPA made in it. The brew kettle is on the stove,the yeast is back up to room temp,& my hop socks from the last batch have been emptied,rinsed,boiled,& soaking in PBW. I'm going to use a tsp of dextrose in 1.5C of warm water this time for the yeast. See how that works vs small starter/re-hydrating. Maybe an hour or so. It's been a busy day since I got up.
but a free batch of English bitter will be worth it. I'm interested what the Haulertauer will do for it.

I've got a Summer Wheat IPA tomorrow. It was scheduled for today but my wide called in the reservation for Ruth's Chris for 6:00 so a little too early for a full brewday...

brewing a Two Hearted clone right now. Just sparged and came out at 1.052 pre boil when I was calculated at 1.054.

Oh yeah, maiden voyage in my new keggle BK and 30 plate chiller.

We'll see how gravity draining through a plate chiller with whole leaf hops goes...

:)

BSD

Just pitched and sealed a batch of oatmeal stout. Hit the numbers and no sparge issues. Sweet.

I pitched on my English bitter @ 6:22pm. It smells toasty with bittering on ther back. I'm interested to see what the two .5oz German Haulertau additions do with said bittering. The og was only 1.030,even with the 500g of light DME I added to the BK for the hop additions. I guess it's a session beer in the UK?

Well,after using 2tsp of dextrose in the 1.5C of water I re-hydrated the yeast in,it had a high,thick krausen on it 2hrs & 15 mins later. I couldn't get back to sleep last night,so at 2:30am I came downstairs for a smoke & some leftovers. I checked the FV @ 2:45am,& the airlock on my EB was just starting to bubble slowly. Right now,it's going quite steadily.
Much harder,& it's blow off time...:mug:

Non-start for me as I'm having issues with the new brewing equipment. I'll have to live vicariously through everyone here today it seems!

Just stepped grains on my house IPA, waiting for boil. I was gonna hop burst this & try late lme addition (both for 1st time) but since I'm also using Cascade for first time & whole leaf hops for 1st time, that was waaaaay too much newness to be able to analyze results. Waiting on a SMaSH in September to try hop bursting.

I love brewing beer.

The steeping has begun on a Lemon Wheat. To damn hot out to brew AG so I took the summer off and have been doing extracts.

Just finished cooling an all Centennial Pale Ale, transferring to fermenter now.
Got a large US-05 starter ready to pitch.

Brewed a batch of O-flannagain standard stout. I put a ball valve w/pick tube (elbow & 1/2" barb) and a sight glass on my turkey fry pot - It's nice to not have to use the auto-siphon.

Enjoy! :mug:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/o-flannagain-standard-41072/

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

I thought magnum wasn't very big on flavor contributions and was more of a "clean bittering hop." I'd be curious what it brings to a smash...post your findings here?

So this beer turned out pretty damn good, the keg is almost empty. Magnum is pretty Floral & Spicy but not overpowering. I brewed this beer with an OG of 1.055, 35 IBU's, and I Dry Hopped it in the Keg with a little more than a 1/2oz. It is well balanced and easy to drink.When I drink this it makes me think of a Pilsner type Hop character. Magnum has a very German/Noble type flavor. Which makes sense as I believe it is a derivitive of Hallertaur. I will definitely be making this again.:mug:

I just got the notice stating my order has been shipped from BMW. Looks like I'll be doing a batch of my "the great pumpkin ale" and a batch of imperial chocolate raspberry stout this weekend. It's my last chacne before September to brew and I need the pumpkin to be ready by the end of October... It's a good thing I still have 5 different things on tap, I'll need it for the marathon brew day on Saturday...

I wish I was brewing this weekend. I've got one bucket tied up with my blueberry wheat for SWMBO, the other bucket tied up with my IPA and I obviously can't use my 3rd bucket because I'm going to need it for bottling.

Me thinks I need another bucket. :p

I wish I was brewing this weekend. I've got one bucket tied up with my blueberry wheat for SWMBO, the other bucket tied up with my IPA and I obviously can't use my 3rd bucket because I'm going to need it for bottling.

Me thinks I need another bucket. :p

Careful, there's a real slippery slope there. I said the same thing a few years ago, I've got 8 primaries now....

Brewed last night. Five hour brew day only kept me up until midnight starting around seven. Summer Wheat IPA. Can't wait to drink this one!!!

Taking my chances on my first AG brew this weekend. 1554 clone from AustinHomeBrew. This assumes I can finish building the manifold for my MLT and figure out if I need to do anything different than the directions say that came with the kit (directions are for fly sparging and I will be batch sparging)

I'm making a yeast starter for Austin Homebrews Blue Moon clone tonight. My first brew and I am excited!
I'll be brewing Saturday.

Brewing a caramel ale on Saturday. I'll be making the starter, with the stirplate Friday when I get home from work. Getting a keg converted into a mash tun in the morning, then starting to brew in the mid-afternoon. Need to get the parts to make up a box for the March pump. Just hope the hardware arrives from Jaybird/NorCal in time for the conversion.

Back