Oster fridge and Sanyo 4912 both disappeared?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallagherman

Reaction score
I need a fermentation fridge and maybe a kegerator in the near/distant future. I understand that Sanyo stopped making the 4912, and that recently we've all determined that Oster makes a fridge with similar dimensions to the 4912. However I cannot find it on the Best Buy website or the Oster website. Have they stopped making the Oster fridge as well?? Are there any fridges on the market now without a freezer and similar dimensions to the 4912?

First, I have heard from a variety sources that the Oster that replaced the Sanyo 4912 kind of sucks.

There is a Frigidaire at Lowes that has the freezer shelf but can be removed. I am sure searching here for frigidaire here will yield results.

Recently ran into the same issue. Went with a chest freezer, and it's the best decision I've ever made! More space, flexibility, etc for about 20 bucks more!

For a kegerator set up, there is a company on ebay that sells a refrigerator that is a perfect size. They're slightly damaged, you can choose from an a, b, or c condition, with a being the best. A's sell for $250, down to the C's that sell for $200. Haier refrigerators, shipping is a flat $79. I can't vouch for the the seller, or the units, but I've been looking at these pretty hard.

Back