The piece that connects my co2 to my keg is stuck (help?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsocc

Reaction score
The piece that connects my co2 to my keg is stuck to the keg. I made the mistake of connecting it to the 'out' instead of the 'in' by just kind of auto-piloting through my sanitation procedure. I didn't think it mattered at all - but apparently it did.

Has anyone else done this?

How did you get it off?

To share something embarrassing -

In desperation I straddled the keg by standing over it and holding it with my legs while I pulled up as hard as I could until my hand slipped and my closed fist connected with my balls.

did the same thing actually last night when i hooked up my first cleaned keg and filled it with some iced tea. but i did it by accidently screwing the gas post onto the out side and vice versa. basically i ended up spraying ti with hot water for a while... then banged on it it 5 or 6 times with the handle of my wrench... and then pulled until it flew off and almost knocked my own ass down with the momentum.

lesson learned... remember to put back together the same way i took apart exactly... even if they look the same.

Back