Ok I have a problem. One of the plugs was too small and fell into the carboy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britishbloke

Reaction score
Is that OK??

I dont want to ruin my batch of cider!

Im a noob but I was sold the wrong stopper. Its now at the bottom of my fermenting cider.

Please let me know if this is OK or not!

Join the club! I think most of us have done that. Just leave it in there and you can fish it out after you rack the cider. The stopper shouldn't effect the taste.
I turned my carboy upside down and shook it until the stopper fell into the neck. I then used a coat hanger to grab it and pulled it out.
Good luck.

Do you have another stopper to put on there? You don't want it sitting open, but no need to panic. If you don't have another stopper, I'd be inclined to cover it with a ballon or piece of plastic wrap or something until I could buy one.

Thanks so much. I put alot of time and money into this.

Made my first batch of beer (Badger Dark Ale).

Im ready to try something new for Thanksgiving or Christmas depending on how this cider tastes.

I couldnt believe it when I saw that stopper dropping in. Time stood still. lol.:ban:

yeah the stopper was sterelized. So it shouldnt be a problem.

I do have a different stopper that works great now.

Anyone know what bad cider starts to look like?

You posted this in two different forums. Please stick to one post for each topic you want to discuss. It gets cluttered and confusing if you post the same thing twice.
Thank you. :mug:

;) for Rich

Back