Store Name Challenge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reproducer

Reaction score
Ok people, I am tossing around the idea of opening a homebrew shop North Dakota and I'm trying to come up with store name. Any suggestions would be welcome.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

I don't know, go simple. *name of town* Homebrew or *street name* homebrew, something like that?
Bonus is you probably won't have to worry as much about other shops with the same name (though you want to search carefully just in case.)

Thats true ND does not have many supply stores and my feeling about this one is great, but im looking for something different, fun and catchy

Call it "Free Beer!" I bet people will notice :D

You can explain that once you have all the equipment and the ingredients, the beer is free!

The store is going to be in Grand Forks. No time line as of yet bit I'm in the works. Some of those names are pretty good. The ones I like are
Dakota homebrew
Roughriders homebrew
And a few orhers

The store is going to be in Grand Forks. No time line as of yet bit I'm in the works. Some of those names are pretty good. The ones I like are
Dakota homebrew
Roughriders homebrew
And a few orhers

Dang. Well hope you can make it worth my while to drive from Minot for bags of malt. My LHBS closed due to death of the owner.

Heck ya Jon I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement. Quick question for ya, in your opinion how was backyard brew doing before it closed? Did you like it? Were there things you would have changed or done differently?

Heck ya Jon I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement. Quick question for ya, in your opinion how was backyard brew doing before it closed? Did you like it? Were there things you would have changed or done differently?

Well...I will PM you.

Also, if you are going to open it in EGF you could call it Eastside Brew Supply.

Red River Homebrew

(To the tune "Red River Valley")

"Come and sit by my side while I'm brewing,
Do not hasten to sparge it too soon,
Just mash that grain a little longer,
And you'll have a fine brew very soon..."

"Just ferment your wort at the proper temp now,
Do not poke or prod your carbouy,
Let it age a few months after bottling,
Chill 'em down crack one open and enjoy..."

Regards, GF. :mug:

Well not sure about the tune, maybe it could be part of the mission statement. Ok guys any suggestions on things to have and do with a new store? Things you like about your local brew shops, things you don't like? Everything helps

Well,lets see...name brand malts in the styles most used. The newer styles of LME with a good mix of plain DME's too. Lots of hop types from their original places. Dry & liquid yeasts most of us use. Buckets with seals in the lids as well as carboys & better bottles. Erlynmeir flasks in a couple sizes. Assortments of bungs,airlocks,auto siphons,tubing in various sizes. Bottle caps,preferably o2 barrier type. Bottles & bench cappers. Various sizes of nylon grain bags for grains & hop spiders. Spigots of various sizes,like my lhbs carries to fit different size holes & the like. Clarifiers,dextrose,cambden tablets,etc. Brew kettles in various sizes & price ranges.

Grains in the Glass (a play on "from grain to glass")
Just add Hops. (Or yeast or whatever)
Homebrew

As for features;
- Have a store mill.
- CO2 tank swaps/refills.
- Be willing to special order things you do not have.
- Be friendly and knowledgable, be willing to concede when you do not know something.
- Shop built kits are nice, a book of tried and true recipes (or even a customer contributed one) is nice as well.

The Most Exciting Thing That Ever Happened in North Dakota! Ever!

I'd shop at a store with that name.
so, any of you NoDaks ever think the two should have been split into East Dakota & West Dakota at the river?

The Most Exciting Thing That Ever Happened in North Dakota! Ever!

I'd shop at a store with that name.
so, any of you NoDaks ever think the two should have been split into East Dakota & West Dakota at the river?

Which river?

thatjonguy said:
Just making sure you weren't talking about the Red...

Not that many years ago, the state wanted to drop North from North Dakota to get rid of the cold, barren wasteland image.

I'm sure that would have worked.

1984 UND grad here.

Flickertail Home Brew Shop
Non-Partisan Home Brew Shop
Permafrost Home Brew Shop
Red River Home Brew Shop
Uff Da! Home Brew Shop
War Games Home Brew Shop

Or you could name it NCAA brew supply.

NCAA - North Central Alpha Acid

Back