Falconer's Flight IPA - Brewer's Best

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swissbrew13

Reaction score
Picked this up a couple weeks ago. I'm probably going to brew it tomorrow evening.

Anyone done this one before? Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

brewed that kit last year and it was probably my best ipa yet, even over my all grain beers.

I don't know about that kit, but I just bottled an APA with heavy late and dry FF hops (first time) and I thought the aroma was outstanding. Unreal aromas that I didn't think could be made by hops.

Good to hear. I've read a few things taking about how great and unique the FF hops are. Eager to find out how this one goes.

Went into bottles 2 nights ago. Great aroma and flavor from the hydro sample. 7.35% ABV.

swissbrew13 said:
Went into bottles 2 nights ago. Great aroma and flavor from the hydro sample. 7.35% ABV.

Good deal. I had great, unique tropical fruit aromas that have way to very typical " C hop" aromas. I'm thinking the next time I dry hop I'll try to add a final charge in a hop bag a few days before bottling. I was sad the tropical aromas faded so fast. I hope yours stays!

I noticed this kit in my LHBS last week and was intrigued. Is FF similar to Citra in terms of flavor/aroma?

My local brewery (Dark Horse) just put out a special edition 12-pack where they offered 3 of their Crooked Tree IPAs, combined with single-hop editions of the same Crooked Tree malt bill with Cascade, Citra and Falconer's Flight.

Honestly, I expected the Citra to be the best, but when all was said and done I really enjoyed the Falconer's Flight one the most. I will definitely be brewing IPAs with it in the future.

I did a single hop IPA with only falconers and wasn't too thrilled with the taste. It's a killer aroma hop though. Good luck!

Back