One Can of LME.. What To Do??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK.. two questions.. FORGET this first part and see my reply below...

Junk struck.......

But,

Just realized, half of my pipeline ist kaput. Maybe one last glass in the keg and I'd like to save that for my son to try, sometime this week. So, gotta get something going quick.

3.3lb can is 1.5-1.7kg,the weight of the average can of Cooper's,Munton's,etc. They generally make 23L,or 6.072USG. At 5G,the beer is a little stronger,but not by much. But 5G with one is fine.
If it's pre-hopped do not boil it. That messes up the hop profile. Not to mention,mailard reactions. Iuse plain DME in the boil for hop additions. Typically,1/2 of a 3lb bag in a 2.5-3 gallon boil. I add the remaining DME & all LME at flame out.
So you could get 2-5 gallon batches out of the 2 cans done my way. You can look at my recipes for more details on how I do it.

?? I need to start over.. :(

I should have said.. What is a 3.3# tin of Light LME good for.. not how much.

Just trolling for ideas. I'd like to do a very simple 2.5G batch of APA.. possibly based on one, or at most, two different hops. Simple grain additions such as Crystal 20. My thoughts on hops are either NB or Nugget for bittering and Cascade for Aroma.

Thoughts or other ideas?

For the 2nd tin of LME, I'm in need of something different. Good thoughts welcome :)

Back