I'm an addict, too

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
To this place. Please help. I find myself migrating over every minute or so, taking me away from my work.

This is especially true on days like today, when I work from home because one of my girls is home sick from school. Normally, I would find that to be a PITA because it is hard to get work done with one of them home. Now it's you people. I am post whoring my ass off today and loving every minute of it.

Help.

Damn you people. Damn you to hell.:rockin:

Yea, this site and a sales job do no go well together at all. I just keep trying to tell my self the less time I spend on here the more I sell and the more money I will have for brewing..... atleast ive been trying that. Hasn't really helped me much.

It hasn't affected my work too much, other than having to hammer out a story or two a lot closer to deadline than I intended.

I do, however, cover football games and wander over here during TV timeouts, halftime, right before I start to write, before I go home ... and then again when I go home.

I'm a sick man.

Cant remember the last time I actually "worked" I usually just sit here on HBT wasting tax payer's dollars :D Sometimes working for Uncle Sam has its benefits.

In my case it's medstudent's tuition payments...but the same thing applies.

:D

What really sucks is I was actually planning to bottle last night when I got home from work, but I couldn't drag myself away from that damn "all of us with high postcounts are a$$hole thrad"...you know the one we trounced pretty well..Every second there was some new hilarity...

What really sucks is I was actually planning to bottle last night when I got home from work, but I couldn't drag myself away from that damn "all of us with high postcounts are a$$hole thrad"...you know the one we trounced pretty well..Every second there was some new hilarity...

That thread cracked me up. It was far more entertaining than anything I found last night.
That's the problem here. Too much entertainment to go with all the great information. I don't post much on the brewing posts because I'm comfortable with where I am in my progression, but haven't progressed enough yet to have questions on the next steps or offer any enlightening info.

This is my entertainment.
The child calls. Excuse me ...

If it weren't for work I'd never spend any time in the darned interwebnet-thingy. When I get home I have (in no particular order) brewing, video games, band practice, TV/movies, family, dog, chores, dirt track racing,....

Early December I'm scheduled to get scary busy though so we'll see what happens then.

I've not done work at work for 6 weeks.

uh..how long can cows go without being milked????

Poor Elsie....:D

I know nothing about BigKahuna but this made me almost fall off my chair. :D

I too am in this club. :( My life is consumed by HBT but the SWMBO/friends love me because I brew the tasty goodness. Hard to complain really. :mug:

If it weren't for work I'd never spend any time in the darned interwebnet-thingy.

Feck, arse. Spoke too soon. Now I have to put together a brief presentation for senior management. Like anything I say is meaningful to them.

You know Dilbert would be funny if it weren't so depressingly right on the nail. (There ya go Revvy, I said "nail".) ;)

I work in one of Boston's Emergency Rooms and its so funny when I Doctor walks by my computer that im on (like right now) and laughs when he sees that im talking about beer.

I work in one of Boston's Emergency Rooms and its so funny when I Doctor walks by my computer that im on (like right now) and laughs when he sees that im talking about beer.

I work for a medical school, I've done tastings of my homebrew for several of the docs on faculty...

I usually have to work a long weekend regional anestesia conference one a year with the course director for the gross anatomy program....as soon as the last presenter is done, and the last cadaver is packed away for the day the tasting commences....He's a serious hunter and knows I love venison, so the monday after I ended up with a "goody bag" of deer meat as thanks for getting him through the weekend on good beer...

I work for a medical school, I've done tastings of my homebrew for several of the docs on faculty...

I usually have to work a long weekend regional anestesia conference one a year with the course director for the gross anatomy program....as soon as the last presenter is done, and the last cadaver is packed away for the day the tasting commences....He's a serious hunter and knows I love venison, so the monday after I ended up with a "goody bag" of deer meat as thanks for getting him through the weekend on good beer...

You sure that meat wasn't marinated in formaldehyde? I would be a little concerned if your getting that meat AFTER they put the cadavers away. :D

For some reason, I just pictured Revvy in the corner with a bottle of NOS and his buddies in the corner of a supply closet :D

Latest posts

Back