Victoria BC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Reaction score
The wife and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this September up in Victoria, BC were I will be showing her the time of her life in celebration of the 19 years (including dating) that we have shared.

Im looking for restaurant recommendations for our anniversary night dinner.

Thank you in advance.

The wife and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this September up in Victoria, BC were I will be showing her the time of her life in celebration of the 19 years (including dating) that we have shared.

Im looking for restaurant recommendations for our anniversary night dinner.

Thank you in advance.

Taking the ferry (M.V. Coho, from Port Angeles), or flying? Doesn't make a difference, just asking.
Two of MY favorite places in Victoria are:

1. The Sticky Wicket. Government Street (I think) a few blocks up from the Empress Hotel) Very nice brewpub with excellent food. My favorite is the beer-battered Halibut and Chips.

2. Periklis (Greek place). A couple of blocks west of Government Street toward the water. Their Saganaki is out of this world and my all-time favorite appetizer! After the appetizers, their is NOTHING on the menu I wouldn't order! Only odd thing: Even the wait staff gives me funny looks when I order a bottle of Retsina! Go figure.

Have a great trip and happy anniversary!
-Paul

We are driving up and riding the ferry across to Salt Springs spending a couple of days there and then we move over to Victoria.

Thank you for the recommendations I have seen both of them on listed on reviews, its good to have follow up information.

How appropriate I should be mentioned in your signature. :mug:

I'll second the Sticky Wicket. I went there when I was 17 so didn't have beer, but I enjoyed to food, and I think they have beach volleyball on the roof.

Do Tea at the Empress Hotel. If it's in the budget it's worth staying there. My mother and I stayed there once and the room was beautiful.

Take the bus to the Gardens (can't remember what they're called), Bouchart? Anyway, if you want to be romantic, pack a picnic and have lunch at the gardens. They're beautiful and a nice place to walk around and relax for several hours.

When in September? I can't think of a better destination in which to celebrate an Anniversary. :)

Seriously though, Victoria is a beautiful, romantic city and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. The times that SWMBO and I have gone though, we only eat at breweries and pubs so I can't give you ant recommendations for anything fancy. But I do like Canoe, Swan's and Spinnakers.

I'll also highly recommend Christie's Carriage House Pub

We will be up there from the 19th to the 26th in various locations. We are taking our bikes and plan on doing a lot of sight seeing. We will most likely hit quite a few brew pubs but for the anniversary night I plan to take it up a notch for some fine dining.

Victoria is just wonderful, its like going to europe but without the 8 hour sardine can trip and languages you dont know. I visited last year for a day and now I just wish we had cities like that in the US.

I'll second the Sticky Wicket. I went there when I was 17 so didn't have beer, but I enjoyed to food, and I think they have beach volleyball on the roof.

Do Tea at the Empress Hotel. If it's in the budget it's worth staying there. My mother and I stayed there once and the room was beautiful.

Take the bus to the Gardens (can't remember what they're called), Bouchart? Anyway, if you want to be romantic, pack a picnic and have lunch at the gardens. They're beautiful and a nice place to walk around and relax for several hours.

How can ya go to the Sticky Wicket and NOT have a beer? Yeah, they ADVERTISE a drinking age of 19, but, as in the U.K., it's more of a HEIGHT requirement than anything else! Spent quite a few nights as a teen stumbling down the docks of the inner harbor trying to find whatever boat I happened to be sleeping on!

And, yeah, it's Butchart (Pronounced Boo - Chart) Gardens. Joker, that's a must-see for you and SWMBO!
And Good Call on High Tea at the Empress! Haven't done that in years and have never actually stayed at the Empress. Usually, I was staying on a boat, but on the rarte occasion I wasn't, I'd stay at the Royal Scot.

-P

Canoe, Swan's and Spinnakers.

+1 to each of those that Don mentioned! My wife and I spent the weekend up in Victoria for our 1st anniversary last year.

We hit up quite a few of the brewpubs for samplers, then had our anniversary dinner at Nautical Nellies, which I'd also highly recommend. It was a pretty solid steak and seafood dinner.

http://www.nauticalnelliesrestaurant.com/

Enjoy!:mug:

Thank you all for the replies. I will be looking into all the locations and placing reservations soon.

Latest posts

Back