Where to buy disposable O2 cylinders in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metic

Reaction score
Does anyone know a reliable place to pick up the disposable oxygen cylinders that people use to oxygenate wort (usually intended for welding)? I've tried my local ACE but they don't seem to sell them. I would have thought Home Depot would stock them, but I can't find anything on their website.

I'm thinking about buying an oxygenation kit, but I want to make sure the cylinders are readily available first!

Lowes is the one place I've been able to find them. Mine has them in the section with all the tools and power tools.

This is in CT but I bet they'd be in Chicago too.

Probably won't see them on H-D's website. Go to the H-D store and go to the welding/brazing dept. I bet you'll find them there.

The one I'm currently using came from my local Ace - ask the guys at the store where they are. I bet they're there.

Yep the depot has them in the "tool-corral" next to the LP tanks. Kinda funny they store all them together.

Only because most of the kits I've seen say they work with the disposable ones. How easy is it to find a regulator etc. for the 5lb ones? Will the kits sold by Northern Brewer, Williams Brewing, etc work with them?

Only because most of the kits I've seen say they work with the disposable ones. How easy is it to find a regulator etc. for the 5lb ones? Will the kits sold by Northern Brewer, Williams Brewing, etc work with them?

HF has regulators that can be used for co2/argon or oxygen; just switch out the fitting for your application. They're about $35. I use two of them all the time.

Back