CO2 Line from Home Depot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc03

Reaction score
I'm looking to move my CO2 tank outside my TDD1. I purchased 5/16" clear, vinyl tubing from Home Depot. It is rated for 50psi and came in a 20' roll. This was just a lot cheaper and easier than me ordering it from an online site. Will this work for CO2? Thanks.

I buy my hose from HD/Lowes, but I prefer to get the stuff with the braided thread in the hose walls. The clear vinyl stuff scares me a little, even though it's rated for X psi, I know it stretches/bulges a wee bit when put under pressure. The braid stuff is only a bit more expensive.

It should work fine.

The PRV on most regulators vents at about 60 PSI, so it seems to me that you'd want to use tubing rated above that, but the red gas tubing sold with keg systems is generally just rated to 50 PSI.

I would get the proper gas line. The HD stuff is rated at 50psi, but that's room temp. When that line gets cold it gets very brittle and hard. The proper has tubing is still soft when it gets cold.

I use it all the time, no problem whatsoever. The line does get a bit more stiff but IMO it isn't brittle at the temps we use it.

Back