Amarillo, Simcoe, and Centennial style alternatives...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclamb6

Reaction score
Have a bunch of each (whole leaf), and have brewed a bunch of hop forward beers (which I love). I am however, looking for some alternatives. Any suggestions? I don't need to use all 3 in a single brew.

mclamb6 said:
Have a bunch of each (whole leaf), and have brewed a bunch of hop forward beers (which I love). I am however, looking for some alternatives. Any suggestions? I don't need to use all 3 in a single brew.

Alternatives to what?

If you mean alternative styles of beer to brew with these hops, I recently made a nice robust porter with centennial and it came out great. I love american hop flavor in dark roasty beers.

well i just made a centennial/amarillo ipa that is really tasty.
2oz centennial FWH
3oz amarillo FO
1oz each for dry hopping
i can give you the grist, but you can just sub in your normal ipa malt bill.

did an all simcoe extract brew a while back, and that was awesome
1.5 simcoe FWH
3.5 simcoe FO
dry hopped w/2oz of simcoe

if your looking for alternatives to those 3 hops, i would say cascade can be used in Centennials place, and simcoe is really piney, so maybe columbus could work in its place, and amarillo is really citrusy, sooooo maybe also cascade?

Back