So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewing a big batch of rye pale ale and the wife's toasted pumpkin seed stout.

Brewing three batches this weekend: (1) Nugget, Chinook, Glacier, Cascade Wet Hop Ale; (2) Galaxy Single-Hop IPA; and (3) Scotch Ale.

Today I'm brewing a Pliny sorta beer. Except I'm adding more hops

6.9 lb DME
.25 lbs Crystal 40L
.75 lbs Carapils
.75 lbs corn sugar

mash in - 1.5 oz Chinook whole, 1.5 oz amarillo
90 min - 2.75 oz warrior pellet, .5 oz chinook whole, .5 oz amarillo, 1 oz galena
45 min - 1 oz chinook whole, 1 oz citra
30 min - 1 oz columbus whole (cascade), 1 oz citra
0 min - 2.25 oz centennial whole, 1 oz simcoe whole

dry hop - 1.25 oz columbus (cascade), centennial, simcoe @ 2 weeks/3 times

Maybe I'll just toss all the hops I have in there, since some of those numbers come just shy of what oz bags give me.

Got a cream ale half done but had to take off for my daughters cheerleading thing. Hopefully wraps up quick so I can get home and pitch the yeast.

Just brewed a 7.6 gallons of KC Monarch Porter. We'll see how it turns out but I can already tell I likey the roasty.

Well I didn't get to do the double headed like I was planning. Troubles with my temp controller yesterday. Turns out I got the wrong Ebay controller. Heating strike water for 10 gallons of founders breakfast stout right now.

Nice day for a Wild IPA

ForumRunner_20110918_121531.jpg

Yeast is warming up in the bullpen and I'm filtering water for MW's Noble Trappist Ale to brew this afternoon. In the meantime I'm bottling Holiday Ale for Christmas consumption.

Brewed up BierMuncher's Black Pearl Porter this morning. I'm toying with the idea of adding coffee after primary fermentation is complete, but I have some time to worry about that.

Got started a lot later today than I wanted to. Just finished bottling up my CDA, heating strike water for a Kolsch. Looks like the Brett Tripel will have to wait until tomorrow after work...

Just kegged my Tatt Fire. A fat tire clone. Partial mash. 1.052 OG and 1.016 FG.

Can so
Rome tell me How to calculate alcohol % from that?

itsjared said:
Just kegged my Tatt Fire. A fat tire clone. Partial mash. 1.052 OG and 1.016 FG.

Can so
Rome tell me How to calculate alcohol % from that?

(OG - FG)*131 = abv
(52 - 16)*131
36*131 = 4716
abv = 4.7%

I got a chance to brew this weekend myself. First batch in a about 5 months and got to use some of my new equipment. Brewed 6gal of porter in my 15gal Boilermaker and got to use my keg cowboy 40 plate chiller as well as my new chugger pump and even crushed all the grain from whole with the barley crusher I got a few months ago. I was more or less just doing a test run with all the new equipment since I've never used it in a full run so far.

All in all, I was really happy with how everything worked out. I hit most of my temps within a degree and hit my O.G. 3 points high. Even brought up my efficiency from 66% to 72%. I wish my chiller water was cooler as I could only get my temp to 80F starting but I've set the primary in a swamp cooler and hoping to bring it down.

Brewed a Nut Brown Ale on Friday with a new convert. It went very well, cold break in about 10 minutes from boiling and the krausen was sky high after two days.

Probably not this weekend, unless I can convince my old lady to let me buy another fermenter, but October 1st I'm brewing a stout and a second which I haven't decided on yet, any suggestions?

Yup- headed out to the Blind Lady Ale House tonight, going to bottle the ESB that's in my primary tomorrow, and then brew up a dark Belgian for Christmas presents. First time with the new turkey fryer, looking forward to a great beer weekend.

Back