maybe a very dumb stirplate question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengerman

Reaction score
are stirplates used for anything other than making starters? there are about a million DIY stirplate threads, but nobody says what they're using them for...

I use my stirplate for lots of things besides yeast propagation. Nothing brewing related, but it is essentially a magnetic mixer, so any liquids and powders can be mixed with it.

Check out the "Primo Stir Plate made easy" thread in the DYI section. I plan on a 5 gallon batch to start with, Also mixing priming sugar in for bottling and maybe I'll make some yeast starter as well. I could see it also being used for wine making as well. These are pretty heavy duty and with the right stir bar and container I will surely find out. Yes a lot of honey may really put it to the test but this is a brushless soft start motor with a nice speed control so mixing some warm honey shouldn't be a problem. I will find out for sure.

Back