Ahhh...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that I have been working very hard lately. I just finished a big design project (OK, 90%, but met with the cust. and they are happy).

Haven't slept, ate, acted normally, or had a beer in a while. So, tonight, I had an Imperial Pumkin Ale, one of those weird Banana Bread beers, and a couple of my excellent malty Milds (if I don't say so myself).

I am pleasantly lubricated, and I just posted a series of replies here that were either witty or offensive; won't know which till tomorrow.

Regardless, I'm feeling great and want to wish everyone on this board the best of the fall seasons. I am greatly looking forward to working less and generally enjoying myself. Cheers.

Now that was cathartic.

How was the banana bread beer? I have seen it on the shelf, but haven't been able to force myself to buy it yet.

Not worth the money. If you love bananas, they're there in spades (not just banana esters, but really really banana). The beer left a very minor astringency in the back of my throat.

You might get one just so it will stop staring you down when you walk past it.

Hmm... Yeah. I'm not sure. There are lots of beers there that I have not tried. It just sounds so... Odd...

What style is it? Besides banana flavored.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to do a banana bread ale maybe start with a british mild with a little biscut malt and add banana to the mash and secondary, and spices into the boil/secondary I'm thinking brew infuser with cinnamon sticks and vanilla beans

Back