I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to tell you I sure enjoy brewing. Getting ready to mash in right now and I just love the fact that I am taking grain and making a beer out of it.

Life is grand when I am brewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XyTpENuoCI

A few days ago I was listening to this song in the shower and I thought of an idea for a new book. I really need to get to writing. I wrote a book 9 years ago and self published it. Obviously it didn't make me a superstar or anything.

Alright, I went ahead and asked hubby about the mysterious mattress and he said it's air absorbing foam on the inside of it. Of course!!! :drunk:

A few days ago I was listening to this song in the shower and I thought of an idea for a new book. I really need to get to writing. I wrote a book 9 years ago and self published it. Obviously it didn't make me a superstar or anything.

I wish I had the talent to write. I got the gift of gab but whenever I put pen to paper it always ends up Jack and Jill and some stupid hill.

Nope writing is not my first language

How's he feeling? Any good news lately? I'm not a prayin' man, but hope isn't beyond me.

He was up and around today, cooked some soup. Maybe some good news, the surgeon wants to try to out him back together but we have to get the okay from his oncologist first. Hubby is hopeful but I already know what they are going to say, wait 6 months until he finishes this batch of chemo and we'll see what happens. I'm really sick and tired of waiting to see what happens next.

I'd take 6 months at a time over nothing. I'm not coming from the point of view of dealing with cancer in a spouse, but I can tell you that 3 years ago my family was a part of a breast cancer DNA study, right before my grandfather died. Two of my aunt's had preemptive mastectomies, one had a legit mastectomy, and one died from it.

The gene they were looking for carried down to my father, so my siblings and I all had to be tested. Thankfully my two sisters were negative, and so was I. I don't particularly care about myself, but I have two daughters so I'm glad they don't have to worry about that gene at least. My brother tested positive, but he doesn't have kids as of yet.

Here's a gal that made a video of one of my favorite songs from Detroit in the 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was up and around today, cooked some soup. Maybe some good news, the surgeon wants to try to out him back together but we have to get the okay from his oncologist first. Hubby is hopeful but I already know what they are going to say, wait 6 months until he finishes this batch of chemo and we'll see what happens. I'm really sick and tired of waiting to see what happens next.

Positive attitude. I think you have it and could infect hubby with it. It can't hurt and I hope for a speedy recovery.

I'd take 6 months at a time over nothing.

Yeah, 6 months will go by before we even realize it. Then hopefully he can be put back together from his last surgery. Last thing I want to do is get him sick with the flu. Staying in my room on the air/foam mattress and steering clear of him. Other family will come help him.

Negative! She didn't seem to know what I was talking about but seemed positive that it wouldn't work. I don't think I've ever been led astray by a woman so I'll trust her on this one.

Here is a video which demonstrates the proper procedure, you might want to show it to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, for firmer support inflate by mouth... that part went over my head earlier. :cross: Yep, that's the mattress he gave me to use. Sure, now I watch the instructional video. It's firm enough.

LOL, for firmer support inflate by mouth... that part went over my head earlier. :cross: Yep, that's the mattress he gave me to use. Sure, now I watch the instructional video. It's firm enough.

I can't watch that video on my phone! I'm not sure why...I'm gonna check with my mom about these parental controls tomorrow though.

I can't watch that video on my phone! I'm not sure why...I'm gonna check with my mom about these parental controls tomorrow though.

Oh geez, are you 12? Maybe I said something inappropriate in that case...

Here's a gal that made a video of one of my favorite songs from Detroit in the 70's.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPC5I6vGb7M

Great video she made, great song. In the middle of the song... said something like "self-pity and the tears run down your cheek..."

I try to snap out of it quickly when I get feeling that way. Right now, coughing, sneezing, aching... just broke open the honey amber ale, this stuff is strong... cures what ails you.

Weird man one might have thought I have brewed this before. I hit all my numbers.

Almost done and then in 6 weeks a wonderful moose drool clone

I'm here. Just got written up for something stupid. (In their defense, I did it)
Always a great way to start the day. I think I need a burrito.

I'm here. Just got written up for something stupid. (In their defense, I did it)
Always a great way to start the day. I think I need a burrito.

Weird how the mind associates words. I read it to fast and thought you said you were going to use the Burrito Defense.:drunk:

A burrito sounds really good about now.

depositphotos_10499639-Vector-illustration-of-a-cartoon-torch.-EPS10.jpg

Dang I forgot to close the valve when I dumped the wort in the fermenter. Yup I think I am going to be on the wifes short list for a ass whupping. hehe good thing I am drunk so I do not care so much:ban:

Wow Really!? I'm drinking one right now that I'm not at all happy with. If (I mean when) yours turns out let me know what I did wrong.

Well I pretty much brew the same thing over and over so I got the system down. I will say though I brewed a porter to hand out for Christmas that I was not very pleased with. Sigh I still got a case of that to drink:confused:

Back