Vons with a craft brew isle!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistercameron

Reaction score
My local Vons (Safeway) has a newer craft brew isle aside from the refrigerated section filled with micro breweries + BMC. The new isle had a lot of great San Diego breweries, plus some other notable beers including Old Rasputin, pranQster, and Chimay white - the kind I wouldn't have expected.

This isn't new to smaller independent grocery stores, but if Vons is starting to notice, then maybe craft beer really is taking off. This can only be a good sign. :mug:

My Von's is getting better.....Firestone, Chimay, Deschutes, Stone. Pretty standard fare though, same thing you find in the liquor store.

My Von's is getting better.....Firestone, Chimay, Deschutes, Stone. Pretty standard fare though, same thing you find in the liquor store.

Yep, I have never heard of Von's and your "standard fare" is better than BMC with Boston Lager as a craft. My Candy Store has ever heard of those brands. I doubt they even drink anything but Miller Lite. Actually I know they dont.

I noticed one of the Walgreens near me advertised that they now sell "Craft Beer" on their sign out front. I didn't go in to verify what they had though.
Hopefully they weren't just referencing their 1901 beer or whatever that is they sell.

When I left SD in Nov '10 the Vons on Genesse and Balboa was starting a very nice craft brew selection. BMC products on one aisle and craft beer on a separate aisle. Hopefully they have continued it!

Latest posts

Back