What's the most brewing activities you've done in a single day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkynathan

Reaction score
I just got done with my first mini-marathon brew session a bit ago. Ran to the LHBS as soon as they were open at 10. Had my first strike water on the gas at 10:40. I brewed another batch of Edworts Haus Pale Ale, bottled a cream stout and washed its yeast during that brew, then brewed a Two Hearted clone. These were my second and third AG batches. Cleanup was done at 8:30 tonight. Both beers are already bubbling away.

I'm tired....

I'm curious, because I guarantee there are people here who have done triple- and quad-batch days. What's the most you've done in a day?

Transferred two batches from 2ndaries to bottles, transferred two batches from primaries to 2ndaries, brewed up two batches and refilled the primaries.

Sadly, the most I've done in a day was clean 4 kegs, transfer two batches to kegs, all while brewing a 10g standard batch, and a 5g higher gravity batch. Which, now that I type it out, sounds like a lot more than I thought. I need days like that more often! I'd be the brew-king!

i helped my friend who "converted" me do back to back 10g all grain once and we transferred maybe 6 fermenters around at the down times... that was a LONG day!

my very first brew day ever ever i built a three tier and then brewed 4x10 gallon batches in one day... we finished waaaaay late like 1 am.... we have done that many times since and often add kegging and carboy cleaning in that same day

I got nothing compaired to all of you. I have brewed two batches at once while in college (two partial boils on an electrict stove at the same time.) Due to my brew schedule trying to keep up with my drink schedule, I typically brew and bottle at the same every two to three weeks. One day, when I am no longer in an appartment brewing on my (my wifes) stove and using the bath tub to clean up everything, I will hopefully have a better "I did this, this and that" story to share.

A partigyle barlewine/ale combination. A Brochet (15th century burnt mead) a mead made with 50 year old honey and 2 batches of hot pepper mead.

Photos in here, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/he...ear-aged-barleywine-recipe-195096/index3.html

Here's everything used on that day..

60404_434129969066_620469066_5124459_2219511_n.jpg

I've also brewed a stovetop batch and bottled 2 on the same day.

I don't do too much on a brewday- usually brew 10 gallons or so, sometimes two batches, and I usually rack wine during the mash. I have quite a bit of wine in various stages, so I use that time to mess around with wine since I have everything out anyway.

I was getting a friend started with homebrew and helped him do one extract batch while I worked on two 5-gallon AG batches myself. He had his equipment and I had the equipment to run both of my batches in parallel so we had 15 gallons of wort in the fermenters right at 4 1/2 hours from our start time. Busiest brew day ever for me.

With a friend we'd commonly make 3-4 extract batches in one afternoon with two burners, staggering their start times so no two would need to be chilled at the same time. When buying a kit at the LHBS I always felt unfulfilled if I didn't buy 2-3 kits to take up the slack of whatever my friends weren't going to brew for that afternoon. I know we did some bottling but I can't remember if it was on the busy days.

Fast forward years later and I got into AG and was always changing up my procedure so it wasn't until a couple brewdays ago that I tried 2 batches on the same day.

The ugliest part of any of these was cleaning up all by yourself after everything was done, especially in the winter. I did it out of courtesy at my friend's house but in my own house it just depends if anyone will care if I leave it until the next day. I just won't leave my racking tubes dirty though.

I always brew two and keg two beers on a brew day, and now I also package an Apfelwein and make a new one on brew day. I did it alone last weekend in 6 hours. It's a lot easier with a helper, and can be done in 5 hours if it all works just right.

That's the most I can do in one day. Even if I had ten "new" kegs to recondition, I could only really get away with keeping at it for five or six hours, due to SWMBO/kids demands.

Back