Got this for free today! What to do with it???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So went with the GF to Border's today and sitting outside was this big wood cabinet/bar/desk thingy with a "free" sign on it. It's made of some sort of hard wood and weighs about 300lbs.

When I saw it, it just screamed "bar" it's like 3/4 of a bar I said to myself.

So after some back breaking labor we got it in the truck and into the apt.

Here's some pics (excuse the washcloths under the corners of it I used them to slide it once we got it in)

It's 55"w x 30"d x 40"h

If I gutted it I think I could fit a freezer in there 49"w x 28"d x 33"h though I could get more height out of it if I get the inside floor out to.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

Cool score!
looks like a great place to store/Age your bottled beer...I cant tell if its tall enough for a mini fridge (maybe with some modification) but yea...looks great

Has excellent potential. I see a couple cold kegs under, a couple taps on top, nice glassware and your in business.

Sweet free score! I would gut it an put a 5 cu. ft. freezer in there with a dual tap tower.

I agree with your statement about gutting it and installing a keezer or mini-fridge inside of it.

I'll vote for a keezer. Put a bottom with casters on it, build a skirt, rip the stuff out of the middle and slide the chest freezer in there!

What size freezer would fit?

I think you'll probably have to do the legwork for that one my friend! There's no standard measurements between manufacturers, just check Craigslist in your area and get the measurements. :mug:

From looking at the specs on Lowes if I cut the floor out of the bar I could fit a 9 cf freezer in there which would hold 8 kegs.

Back