Got a Pacmand Starter Started! Now What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaLT4

Reaction score
Howdy all. This is my first time posting but I have read some wonderful information here.

I have started a starter of pacman yeast harvested from the bottom of their bottles. I have it in a wort of 1/4 cup of light dme and 2 cups water. It has been on the stir plate for 24hrs now and has nice krusen.:ban:

But, now what? I want to harvest enough for a batch and enought to keep back in the fridge. I won't be brewing till next week so I have some time, my fermenters are full right now. What should my next step be? I think I should step up the batch, it is at 500ml now, should I add that much more again? More? Less?

Thanks for any help with this.
Jeff

For a 5 gallon batch you want to pitch perhaps 1 quart. And also save 1 quart. Or you could save only a small amount and do another starter next time.

Check out Mrmalty.com and the yeast pitch calculator. If you harvested the pacman from a bottle your probably going to want to step it up again. That is, depending on what your going to brew.

Back