Just a few questions for new keezer project.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirquack

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I will be starting my first keezer build soon using a kegconnection premium kit with upgrades, sunbeam 7.2 chest freezer from menards, and a thermostat control for chi company. Just have a few questions for now.

The Sunbeam has a temp control on the front, but I assume even at the highest setting, would still be to cold for a keezer application so I ordered the freezer conversion thermostat from CHI as it was the most affordable and had decent reviews on here.

When using the manual thermostat control from CHI, does it matter where I have the Sunbeam knob set at, seems I've read that people say to keep it at a lower setting? I plan to user around a 40deg setting on the CHI unit.

When hanging the temp bulb inside the freezer, would I want it about midway down, as I assume it will be colder at the bottom of the chest, and this might give me better results? Also, do people just hang them in mid-air, or is there other ways to do this properly?

thanks in advance, Randy

when I read up on this for my build the suggestions were mostly to turn the freezer setting to its coldest position. I used the ebay aquarium controller for my build. I ran the temp probe about 2/3 of the way down and taped it to one of my cornies. This keeps the temp fluctuation down in my opinion.

Back