Calling all IPA lovers...what are your favorite 3?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruination
Two-Hearted
Zombie Dust (yeah, I know it's classified as an APA, but I think it's very close to IPA territory)

Russian River Pliny the Elder
Ninkasi Tricerihops
Stone IPA

To be honest though - my session IPA is pretty good... ;)

Cheers!

PtE
Founder's All day IPA
Yazoo Brewing's Hop Project

and I don't know if that last one is to be considered an IPA or not, but it is certainly Hoppy and partly the reason I've grown to love IPA's so much.

*Update*
Stone Ruination
Lagunitas Maximus
Firestone Walker Double Jack

My favorite 3:

1. Sound Brewery Humulo Nimbus Double IPA

2. Deschutes Hop Henge IPA

3. Valhöll Brew ***** IPA

My favorite 3 are whatever one I currently have on tap. That would be Stone IPA at the moment. Honestly, I do not think I have ever met an IPA that I hated.

You are asking me to only name 3? I think I may have to make a bracket and drink all of the IPA's I love to actually find the best.

3. Surly - Furious
2. Revolution - Anti-Hero IPA
1. Stone - Ruination IPA

Honorable Mentions - Stone IPA, Bell's Two Hearted, Southern Tier 2xIPA, Oskar Blues Gubna.

What is the common denominator in this thread other than Heady Topper? Lagunitas Sucks, never had it, so now it's on my "beer bucket list"

After trying literally hundreds of different IPA's (I used to keep track), I have to say Stone Enjoy by... is my current #1. Also I went to Columbus Ohio again this spring and had plenty of Columbus Brewing Columbus IPA. Still ranks up there for me. Another new favorite of mine is Blackrock 51k ipa. So I'll go with those 3 for now:

Stone Enjoy By
Columbus IPA
Blackrock 51k

Top 3 for me:

Lagunitas sucks my fav beer hands down.

Shorts Superfluid IIPA- awesome beer very sucks-esque, flies off the shelves here in Michigan.

Stone Enjoy by- Drank my first one the April version and really really enjoyed it.

And of course all 3 are limited production and availability. Honorable mention to Founders Centennial as the IPA that is available year round.

Dogfish head - Aprihop
Elevation - First Cast
Sam Adams - Revolution

Hard to cut the list down to 3 ipas comprise most of what I drink.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Home Brew mobile app

Stone Enjoy By (this seems to be on most lists, for obvious reasons)
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
Stone IPA (2 stones, yea but this is year round and a staple in my fridge before I had so much home brew always on hand)

Back