Walmart apple juice blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joehova44

Reaction score
Or anyone who is trying to make a great/ very cheap hard cider..... Try this simple recipe

4 1/2 gallons of "great value" apple juice blend ($2.48 per 3/4 gallon = $14.88)
3 cups brown sugar
3 oz lactose
1/4 cup cut up raisins
Wyeast English cider liquid yeast (can reuse over and over)

Primary Fermentation for 3 weeks

- optional flavor extract ( cherry or black current has been best)
- I have also added a half gallon of white grape and peach juice to the original recipe with great results

Bottle with 3/4 cup priming sugar
Let sit in bottle for 2 weeks minimum

Delish!!!!

Sounds it! Thanks. I grabbed a bunch of this juice when it went on sale. Using it as the "base" for my ciders this year. :)

SG came in at 1.050.

Is it the apple juice punch blend that was used? Not sure if there is another "blend" I didn't see.

Yes it was the apple juice punch blend.... There are three kinds: regular, light and the blend

Thanks for the reply Joe. I've bought it before and really liked the taste. It's different and it's cheap...and it's without the fructose additions normally found in cheap juice. I assumed that was what you meant when you posted a few weeks ago and I went to buy some. Those bastards only had 2 jugs left! Bought 3 more of the regular apple juice.
I normally focus on "from USA" store-bought juice, but long story short...this 5 gallon batch is tasting good. Wish I could've done the full 5 with the blend:( Sounds like I'll be going back to Wally and looking for a full 5 gallons!
Just because I was mad, I bought a couple Old Orchard Apple/Cherry frozen concentrates and threw them in there to bump things up a bit...and like I said, yum. Cheers!

The blend is a come and go kind if thing. My local store tends to order a lot of apple juice as we wipe them out weekly! You will gave to let me know of any crazy blends you come up with!

Cheers!

Back