White Rajah Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in for some brew comp. ~
Ill def. attempt a batch and send out 2 bottles ~

NOW THAT I AM THINKING ABOUT IT!!
I would probably give up one of these usless fingers or toes for a white rajah and a lamb burger from the brew kettle ... RIGHT NOW~
goodness the things i would do for that wicked combo!
(cant get it out of my head now)
wish I had the oppertunity to make it out that way more often!

Keep us updated on the competition....

im going to concoct a recipe today!!

I'm hip to a little competition....just have to find some honey malt.....my local brew pub doesn't carry it...;)
Just ordered what I can't get locally.....

I'm in for sure. Thanks sauce!

So mid January guys? Should we put a date in stone when the beers should be delivered to TBK? Sauce? What works for you guys?

I'm glad I brought citra and nelson with me cause it's impossible to find out here.

Best to all and Cheers!

Mike

Seems to be a shortage of Centennial hops in 2012.....even my Centennial plants at home didn't bear as much as the Zeus, Chinook and Cascade.....musta have been the heat.

I'm hip to a little competition....just have to find some honey malt.....my local brew pub doesn't carry it...;)
Just ordered what I can't get locally.....

Have you tried the new Cleveland Brew Shop in Tremont. Here's there info 2681 W. 14th st in the Tremont neighborhood 216-574-2271

Hey sauce, any word on when we might be doing this contest so I can plan when I should get my brew on so that I can supply you guys at TBK a few fresh bottles?

Well sauce stopped dropping hints so we basically just have a list of ingredients!

Sorry guys, got side tracked with work and the holidays....

So to give everyone enough time lets say the entries need to arrive by February 8th. I may open this up to local homebrew guys also. Was considering posting this to some other homebrew forums (ratebeers, beeradv, ect,,,) but they might see it as solicitation, so if its spreads to other discussions organically, thats fine;-)

Still working on the prize, a case of Rajah would be a no brainer, if the winner is close enough to come out to brew for a day that would be part of it. And maybe a pound or 2 of hops would be nice.

Shoot me an email so I know who is participating: Sauceybrewer at yahoo dot com.

Send 2 bottles, to the following address:

The Brew Kettle Production Works
20102 Progress Dr.
Strongsville OH, 44149

Wish it was more like mid to end of Feb, with Christmas and New Years hard to get a batch in.

Hey, i live in Strongsville thought be happy to help judge,

I'm gonna brew my batch tomorrow......got what I was missing at the Brew Kettle before the storm hit.
How about everyone else?
Looks like only our two batches to compete so far......

Looks like two weeks in the secondary dry hopping.....will continue to clarify there.....hopefully it turns out great...anybody else working on theirs still?

Yeah Thursday will be one week dry hop in secondary. Lots of trub at the bottom. We will see but I'm pretty stoked about this beer.

How did you make it two weeks without tasting?! I can only make it a week, usually enough to force carb. I do admit two weeks is best.

I bottled, so still need another week for first taste. Probably sneak a bottle next week-end.

I had big probs with my corny keg. I carbed it up but barely comes out of the picnic tap....I ordered a new poppet and liquid out connect for it......I had a prob with the siphon out of the secondary and broke siphon and had to let the last couple gallons sit for another week to let the yeast settle......so I bottled this portion and tasted it yesterday......still can taste the yeast. Going to let it sit a while....Murphy's Law in full effect.

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of follow up on this, brewey has been real busy with the addition of 2 40 bbls Fvs to brew into.

Anyways, If you guys wanna get your beers delivered here by Feb 22nd we can go ahead with the evaluation, I have received one thus far (thanks Mike C)...or if their is concensus to put it off till March thats fine too.

Thanks
JackK

Man id do anything to push this to march. I wasn't happy with my turnout but still sent it in cause I didn't want to punk out. Would you guys be willing to do that? PLEASE!!! :)

Back