Finally kegging!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenKnucklesBrewery

Reaction score
Well after having my keezer completed in September, getting married in October, I am picking up my kegging equipment today! When my SWMBO told me she was getting it for me for Christmas I was ecstatic! Finally after 2 years of bottling 2-3 batches a month!

image-1491678666.jpg

No more broken knuckles! yay! lol

I just ordered my first 2 corneys, so will be joining you just now ;) ... can't wait!

Sweet! I started kegging late summer after only bottling for about 7 months. It's way better... The beer runs out faster though, :(

I just recently started kegging and really like. Even bottled a bunch from the keg for friends super easy. What I have learned is... Hard to tell when you run out except for when the SWMBO says... It's spitting at me I think it's out. Oh we'll on to the next one

Nice! I am a keg noob as well. My keg is on its second batch. I absolutely love having a keg. NO MORE SEDIMENT IN BOTTLES! (If you want to take bottles somewhere)

Nice Keezer Broken Knuckles! Love the logo work on the front.
I too joined the kegging nation this xmas. My mother in law told me that she had a hard time shopping for me and handed me a wad of cash. Awaiting my order from Keg Connections... I swear this is worst than waiting for christmas!! :)

So I'm not the only one upgrading in this aspect - just ordered a full set up with two cornies and got shipping confirmation yesterday. After 6 years of bottling (11 gallon batches this past year) I am finally going draft!!

I switched to kegs after my second batch of beer. Soooo much easier! I enjoy brewing so much more knowing that I don't have all of those bottles waiting to be filled after fermentation is complete. I scored a dozen ball lock kegs from a homebrewer who decided to call it quits. I did by a counter pressure bottle filler though for those times when I want to put back a couple of bottles for long term storage or to enter into competitions.

So last night I cleaned and sanitized the keg, replaced all the o-rings, filled keg and then clean and sanitized the carboy that said beer was in. About 35 minutes. I didn't know what to do with all my extra spare time, so I drank a few homebrews!

Redbeard: keezer front is out of matte black die-cut vinyl. I work at a sign shop so it was a given to do something cool like that on there. Try one of your local sign shops and you should be able to get the same for fairly inexpensive

Can't wait for the inaugural pour this weekend!

Cheers guys!

I love my kegging system, I definitely don't miss the headache of having to deal with all those bottles. Plus growlers can work as decent vessels for bringing some homebrew around with you!

Back