kegerator tube length?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
I have 10 ft of 1/4 tubing that needs to be divided between my gas to corny and corny to faucet. I was wondering if I should evenly have 5ft and 5ft or would there be an advantage to giving more tubing to the beer out, and less to gas in?

mdf191 said:
I have 10 ft of 1/4 tubing that needs to be divided between my gas to corny and corny to faucet. I was wondering if I should evenly have 5ft and 5ft or would there be an advantage to giving more tubing to the beer out, and less to gas in?
1/4 inch inner diameter is usually only used if you’re pushing beer further than 10 feet.

3/16th is the preferred diameter because it offers enough resistance to reduce gushing and foaming beer.

THe length of line for your gas in is not imprtant, except that it is long enough to allow for moving kegs, etc.

I'd strongly suggest you go get some 3/16ths line for your beer.

BierMuncher said:
I'd strongly suggest you go get some 3/16ths line for your beer.

+1... With 3/16" tubing you usually need 5-7 feet. the flow resistance of 1/4" ID line is about 4 times lower meaning you need 4 times as much tubing, so unless you want to stuff 20-30 feet of tubing in there (or want all your beer to be foamy...) I'd suggest taking BierMuncher's advice.

I have to agree. I dont even know if 10 ft would be long enough with 1/4 inch without it being all foam. Even if it is, you wouldnt have any left to split for the gas line. Might make sense to use that hose for your gas line and go get some 3/16" beer line for the liquid side

Back