Wedding Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDB

Reaction score
So folks.... I'm getting married Oct 1, 2011. I'm going to be brewing all the beer for the event.

We have estimated 150 people coming. A "party calculator" suggests about 700 cans of beer and 140 bottles of wine.

Thats 8400 fluid oz or 65.625 gallons of beer. :tank:

I make 10 gal AG batches.
I'm thinking the following line up:

10 gal - Oktoberfest/Marzen
10 gal - Ipa
10 gal - Brown
10 gal - Pils
10 gal - Stout

5 gal - Pumpkin
5 gal - Apricot Blonde
5 gal - Smoked Porter

I'd like to maybe get a hefe in the line up too. Plan is to bottle half of all the 10 gal batches and keg the rest.

What are your thoughts? What would your line up be? I'm hoping this will cater to all types of beer drinkers.

Sounds like way too much booze.... a sizer and a bottle of wine per person. Sounds like a raging time. Looks like a solid lineup, although the smoked porter might be challenging for some people.

That is an insane amount of work to do. You're going to have so much else to do in the next five months. I'd suggest just make two of your favorites that way everyone can experience something you really love. It's your day don't worry about everyone else. Plus most of those beers will be readily available from the micro breweries around. So you could supplement your homebrew with some good craft beers and relax. Congratulations by the way.

Sounds like way too much booze.... a sizer and a bottle of wine per person. Sounds like a raging time. Looks like a solid lineup, although the smoked porter might be challenging for some people.

The only reason for the smoked porter is because we are serving BBQ for dinner.

In the calculator I did 80 people as "heavy drinkers" and split the rest between light and average.

That is an insane amount of work to do. You're going to have so much else to do in the next five months. I'd suggest just make two of your favorites that way everyone can experience something you really love. It's your day don't worry about everyone else. Plus most of those beers will be readily available from the micro breweries around. So you could supplement your homebrew with some good craft beers and relax. Congratulations by the way.

Thanks.

I really don't have anything to do. The future wife and her sisters are planning everything. Brewing 9 batches before that time doesn't seem too much. I already brew at least twice a month.

Better get going if you want to do the Marzen. The time for brewing that one is right now. You do have lagering capabilities, right?

Thanks.

I really don't have anything to do. The future wife and her sisters are planning everything. Brewing 9 batches before that time doesn't seem too much. I already brew at least twice a month.

I remember those days. Then I got a salaried job and got married. Now SWMBO wants to spend every waking moment together and none of my friends want to come over.

I remember those days. Then I got a salaried job and got married. Now SWMBO wants to spend every waking moment together and none of my friends want to come over.

Bummer. I've been living with my SWMBO for 5 years now. No kiddos yet. So far so good.

what is the ratio of craft beer drinkers to BMC drinkers going to be? You might want to consider replacing one of the bolder styles with something like a Cream Ale or double up your Pilsner batch to keep the non craft beer drinkers happy. It seems like someone who is into beer could enjoy a lighter style like that no problem, but someone who only drinks high life might not enjoy the stouts and IPAs that we love.

what is the ratio of craft beer drinkers to BMC drinkers going to be? You might want to consider replacing one of the bolder styles with something like a Cream Ale or double up your Pilsner batch to keep the non craft beer drinkers happy. It seems like someone who is into beer could enjoy a lighter style like that no problem, but someone who only drinks high life might not enjoy the stouts and IPAs that we love.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I'm almost considering just buying a keg of some BMC:( but I hate the idea of putting up a urine tap.

Looks like an awesome plan. I'd probably be inclined to do some sort of wheat beer as the BMC crowd often likes wits and American wheats and such. Plus, you can just tell the ladies "it's like a blue moon".

Looks like an awesome plan. I'd probably be inclined to do some sort of wheat beer as the BMC crowd often likes wits and American wheats and such. Plus, you can just tell the ladies "it's like a blue moon".

I like that. Instead of doubling up the Pils, scratch the smoked porter and make a some type of wheat.

New Line Up:

10 gal - Oktoberfest/Marzen
10 gal - Ipa
10 gal - Brown
10 gal - Pils
10 gal - Wheat
10 gal - Stout

5 gal - Pumpkin
5 gal - Apricot Blonde

Back