Lagering Freezer or Wrangler...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just when I was about to finally buy a Lagering freezer (today), I decided to buy a 2011 Jeep Wrangler instead! Guess I have to give in to the wife somewhere right? lol (I'll just keep looking for a freezer on Craigslist).

A 97 Wrangler was the first new car I ever bought. I love it until 2006.

I hope you don't plan of putting a rear facing kid's car seat in it unless it's one of the four door ones. That's when I fell out of love with my Sahara. Killed my back lifting my kid in and out of it.

Other things to watch out for: A/C compressors, power steering leaks, and breaking the sway bar linkage. If I had to do it over again I would have bought some off road quick disconnect sway bar links and kept them disconnected until it was time for the annual saftey inspection. I swear I broke 7 or 8 of them.

I finally sold it in 2008 and bought a prius. I know it's several steps down in fun factor but it gets almost triple the mileage.

A friend of mine has a newer wrangler and has broken a sway bar link. He slammed it into a rock outcropping pretty hard. I don't think he's fixed it yet, but he is also looking to get the kind you can take off.

And last time we went 4 wheeling he said his power steering was now leaking...

I am not sure he has AC...

A 2011 Wrangler? I didn't even know they were out yet! What difference is there between the 2010 and 2011 models? My wife and I are wanting to get a JK Unlimited, but have to wait until the truck is paid off (next year). :p

Plus I want to see if they put the Pentastar engine in the 2012 models, and how it performs in the new Cherokees. More mid-range torque and better fuel economy... supposedly. ;)

No changes from 2010, they just didn't have the half doors I wanted unless I ordered a 2011. Unfortunately, being in NYC, it's hard to buy a truck that's not set up as close to a car as possible. They didn't even have a manual one in their stock.

Back