Brown going in the pots tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasszy

Reaction score
As always, any feedback and commentary would be greatly appreciated:

2oz 60l British Crystal Malt
2oz British Chocolate malt
1oz. Bristish Black malt

Steep grains for 30 min in 155-160* water

6lb LME ultra light
2 OZ lublin for 60 min

after 45 minutes
1 oz Willamette
Irish moss
2 cups priming sugar (since I had it around and need to do something with it)

white labs WLP002 English Ale Yeast

Cheers

Lucas

I would drop the black malt, you don't need it. Increase your chocolate to about 4 oz, same with the crystal. Any particular reason you're using a Polish hop often used for Baltic porter for what is essentially a British beer? I would replace the Lublin with either Cascade or Golding, or even 1/4oz of those Willamettes.

I would drop the black malt, you don't need it. Increase your chocolate to about 4 oz, same with the crystal. Any particular reason you're using a Polish hop often used for Baltic porter for what is essentially a British beer? I would replace the Lublin with either Cascade or Golding, or even 1/4oz of those Willamettes.

just when I didnt think I'd get any feedback. The grains just came out of the pot, but as to the hops. I can still make the change to hops.

I dont have goldings, so I was just experimenting with the Lublin. Any more feedback? I still dont know if I want to dump the lublin!

Cheers

Lucas <-----Born and raised in Poland!

I have a lot of the lublin and I'd like to start using it. The cascade, I have, but still perfectly sealed like it came from freshops.

Cheers and thanks for the ongoing feedback. The 25 quart pot is going strong on the propane burner, so we should see boiling soon and then the hops go in... so I've got about 20 minutes to decision time.

Lucas

Back