35 dollar march pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy9991

Reaction score
i found a 35 dollar march pump on ebay (food grade) brand new shipped. I'm skeptical, is anyone using these?

i figured ive ruined batches more expensive than this haha so i just rolled the dice and ordered it, well see how it goes

Hehe, I bought one of those back in the day when I knew nothing about brewing! Not a march pump!

Not being a March pump aside, that pump may very well work just fine for you. My only concern is that's the only picture I've ever been able to see on that pump and I don't see a good way to attach a hose to the inlet. I bet you can figure it out though. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the pump. There's been significant speculation on that pump and I don't know that I've ever really seen a solid review of the pump.

we just got one out of curiosity, haven't tested it out yet but they are cute :D

mini pump1.jpg

I am like Walter and the others. I would be interested in knowing what the little pump is capable of doing. Might be just the ticket for ecycling wort in the MLT to set the grain bed or something like that. Looks like it would be a minor PITA to properly clean, but If you just pumped star san through it and back to the storage vessel it would probably be just fine since it will be on the pre-boil side of the equation anyway. If ya get one, please post up how it worked and what you think of it. Try to cover the attatchment and mounting of the pump also. TIA...

Wheelchair Bob

March pumps work really well. It hurt a bit on the wallet but I didn't mind as I was buying from an American company making the pumps in the USA. It's something you'll have for a long time and you won't need to spend money on a DC power supply (I do realize those aren't expensive).

Back