What type of CO2 regulator us this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerkyQ

Reaction score
image-708940158.jpg

What type of regulator is this? Is it a Cornelius type? I want to expand it but read somewhere to expand with a Cornelius regulator you have to have the same type? Is this correct?

I can't say who manufactured that particular regulator, but there's nothing magical about adding a second primary body to a single body reg. All you need is to remove the high pressure gauge from the original primary body and check the threads whether they're righty or lefty.

When you order a second primary the thread for the passthrough port (where you'll install your high pressure gauge) has to match the gauge, and you'll need to get a nipple that has the correct threads for both ends. Both should be easily obtainable, folks expand primary regulators with mismatched bodies all the time...

Cheers!

HerkyQ said:
What type of regulator is this? Is it a Cornelius type? I want to expand it but read somewhere to expand with a Cornelius regulator you have to have the same type? Is this correct?

It's a taprite...i was not aware that regulators varied between commercial kegs and cornelius. I am using the same regulator that i used on commercial kegs with no problems.

You could put a Y in the fitting if you want to expand to two kegs

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=201

Or look at distributors to go to multiple without having to buy multiple regulators. The only catch is that all kegs will be at the same pressure.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=52

day_trippr said:
I can't say who manufactured that particular regulator, but there's nothing magical about adding a second primary body to a single body reg. All you need is to remove the high pressure gauge from the original primary body and check the threads whether they're righty or lefty.

When you order a second primary the thread for the passthrough port (where you'll install your high pressure gauge) has to match the gauge, and you'll need to get a nipple that has the correct threads for both ends. Both should be easily obtainable, folks expand primary regulators with mismatched bodies all the time...

Cheers!

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Back