What do you guys think of my bottles/labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanK2

Reaction score
So this is my first attempt at making labels for some fancy bottling. I made the labels with photoshop and printed them on adhesive label paper and cut them out.

What do you think?

4055237907_4e31deb50a_b.jpg

4055981090_20f18c57ff_b.jpg

I would have liked them to have been a little shorter on the bottle. I'll fix that with my peach and wild grape wines when I bottle those.

I don't like to judge things by what's on the outside; it's what's inside that counts. My address is....hehe, j/k
Looks great! The only thing that bothers me and only a tiny bit is that the two-tone vines on the sides and the top are exact mirrors of each other (or at least they look like it), wonder if it would look even better if they were not mirrored but two distinct looking vines.

I like them! My bottles only have a piece of masking tape with hand written dates and type!:eek::D

Well so far, the contents taste a bit on the rocket fuel side. However, I only started it on 8/20 and the blackberry flavor is VERY strong and smooth. I also oaked it from stabilization to bottling with toasted french oak. It's got a subtle musty oak nose with hints of berry, a shocking mouth feel, like battery acid, and then a smooth blackberry finish with residual burn. After awhile the burn will mellow out and that 15.7abv and the blackberry flavor will mesh nicely.

I generally don't like the vines I added now that I'm looking at it. I think it takes away from the farm scenery a bit. They are mirrored because I was going for symmetry, I wanted a nice little "nest" in which to place the year. I'm going to start working on a new design for my wild grape and peach. I only have 5 bottles of blackberry, but I'll have 60 of the other two.

Only 5 bottles of Blackberry? A Blackberry Farmer lives down the street from me and I made 35 gal for him it was a light sweet blackberry wine. I made 15 gal of Medium Body for me and then mixed 10 gal of a Barbera to 30 gal of Medium Body Blackberry for a total of around 42 gal. Too bad you live so far away. I think I have a surplus!!!!

Back