Confession Time - Crap Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroovePuppy

Reaction score
So seeing the discussion in "Beginners" on making Bud Lime clones and being astounded to see A-B mentioned without a string of epithets following I have decided to fess up to drinking crap beer. During summer I like something cold and innocuous to chug when I get home from work and fire up the BBQ. At these times my choice is always Miller High Life. :rockin:

Whenever I've tried Buttwiper (people leave it after parties, honest) I get a hangover without actually getting drunk. Coors, MGD, et al all taste like ass. I do like an occasional Corona, but the thing with High Life is it's super cheap, doesn't get me drunk if I consume three in as many minutes and really doesn't taste enough of anything to be bad. :D

So what's the lowest credibility brew you actually enjoy consuming when the occasion is right?

You livin' the high life!

images

My cheap grocer go to's;

American Ale, Killians Red, Genessee Cream, PBR, Grolsch Blonde, and in a pinch at a restaurant Guinness DS.

Call me an EAC if you want, but the "lowest cred beer" I enjoy consuming would probably be Widmer Hefe....BMC has NEVER and will NEVER be seen in my house. I don't drink it, never have, never will.

The only one that I refuse to drink is Corona and Corona Light. I would rather eat the ass out of a dead skunk than drink that. Wait actually isnt that what you are doing when you drink a corona?

Aside from that the only one that I actually ever buy is miller lite and thats just for parties and beer pong. That is when im not playing Patron pong.

Yuengling. Regular BMC makes me gag, the flavor is not enjoyable to me at all. I'll have some ice-cold Yuenglings occasionally when I'm feeling cheap.

All BMC tastes pretty much the same to me, so if there's nothing else, that's what I'll have.

*edit*
I classify the following as just being above BMC, and I'd rather have these:
Killians Red, Yuengling, Dos Equis

I keep a steady supply of coors light around for boiling my brats in before they hit the grill and i might actually drink a few if i'm on the beach on a hot summer day. i would have to say my main cheap grocery store beer is New Castle or Guinness.

I would have to say Heineken. Dont mind the skunky taste.

Also to others above, Guinness is not a cheap beer.
I love a few Guinness while watching football on Sundays.

With all due respect, I'm gonna have to call bullsh!t on this one....

And you have that right. I have no way of proving I haven't, you have no way of proving I have. ;)

I didn't drink beer till I turned 21 (blackberry brandy was my swill of choice prior to being 21). The first beer put in front of me was a Yuengling. That's all the parties ever had in college (having gone to school in PA), I then moved to Texas where it was Shiner and then to the PacNW, where, well, we just have far to many outstanding choices to ever consider BMC. :fro:

I drink the clamato beer. I like it. Its so flucking nasty but I like it. My wife wont even look at me when I drink it. And I know I shouldn't. I has clams in it! And not fresh clams either I am sure its nasty canned clam juice from skanky old clam brothels or something but what the hell I drink it. Funny thing is I don't care for bud without the clams.

I can't recall the last time I bought BMC. The only beer I tend to keep around is Sierra Nevada, Gorden B. or Henry W.
Usually I watch for what's on sale and try different beers.

I like the High Life and really liked Rolling Rock before the move to New Jersey. DMS it up baby!

High Life is the goto beer for beer pong and camping trips. Three 30 packs and I'm ready to go... what are you drinking?

If I am feeling nostalgic...

Nothing like a case of PBR and a few pounds of shell peanuts and some atari!

Oldstyle would be good too, but I cannot find that here "back east"

Hell...I'd drink a hoppy PBR...Matter of fact...last time I brewed I dropped a cascade pellet in a PBR, and it ain't bad.

I drink PBR, I like Coors. I BUD BASH, because I really hate Budweiser. If you can't tell the difference between any of the Light American Lagers, you need to quit smoking...you're killing your taste buds. Someone saying that all BMC tastes pretty much the same is, in my estimation, as ignorant as a BMC drinker saying that all "Dark" beer tastes the same.

Having said that, I'll poke a little fun at the BMC line.

Someone saying that all BMC tastes pretty much the same is, in my estimation, as ignorant as a BMC drinker saying that all "Dark" beer tastes the same.

I would agree with that for the most part but I have a REALLY hard time telling the difference between Bud light and Coors light.

Actually I think I have some in the back of my fridge that people left here a long time ago. I may have to try and give my self a blind taste test tonight.

I would have to say Heineken. Dont mind the skunky taste.

Also to others above, Guinness is not a cheap beer.
I love a few Guinness while watching football on Sundays.

To me, Guinness is a cheap beer.

The only thing I will consider from time to time is a Negro Modelo if I am in a taco shop and really want a beer. Other than that, there's no reason to drink crap beer.

I only drink BMC when someone brings it over or leaves it over (even then, I usually just give it to BMC-drinking guests).

When I lived in OK, EASILY the best beer for the money was something called "Lionshead Pilsner" (I have since moved and stocked so much homebrew that I don't really need to buy cheap beer) It was about $12 a case and blew away anything by BMC. If I'm at a barwith only BMC, I will drink whatever the cheapest crap they have is.

I would agree with that for the most part but I have a REALLY hard time telling the difference between Bud light and Coors light.

Actually I think I have some in the back of my fridge that people left here a long time ago. I may have to try and give my self a blind taste test tonight.

Maybe we should do a Mixed 6 Blind taste test with Coors, Budweiser, Heineken, Miller, Pillsner Urquel, and Stella. I'm guessing I couldn't name them (I don't drink much of that style, in-fact I don't drink a lot of lagers either way) , but I'll bet I could Rate them!

I drink PBR on occasion, Coors when I go out because its the best tasting of the cheap bad beers. Bud tastes stale to me, even when it's fresh, and Miller tastes like chemicals. Plus they take all their water from the Trinity River, which is absolutely disgusting.

Maybe we should do a Mixed 6 Blind taste test with Coors, Budweiser, Heineken, Miller, Pillsner Urquel, and Stella. I'm guessing I couldn't name them (I don't drink much of that style, in-fact I don't drink a lot of lagers either way) , but I'll bet I could Rate them!

I like that. Except if anyone couldnt pick Heineken out of that list they have some issues.

Call me an EAC if you want, but the "lowest cred beer" I enjoy consuming would probably be Widmer Hefe....BMC has NEVER and will NEVER be seen in my house. I don't drink it, never have, never will.

Widmer Hefe is definately my cheap beer of choice. I did learn recently that they have a big add campaign about putting a lemon in it, WTF is up with that.

As for BMC products, I have had them before and there might have been a time where I enjoyed a MGD or Coors Light, but their was a time when multi colored printed, elastic waist pants were cool too. I have drank a few Budweisers at bars, and have always paid a terrible price within the next few hours. I got so sick on Budweiser once that I actually went over a year without drinking, period.

If I came to one of your houses and all you had to offer was BMC, I'd ask for water, but I wouldn't bash you for drinking it.

I love beer slumming especially at parties. I'll show up with a case of Natty Ice, High Life (champagne of beers EXACTLY!!!), and God I love me some PBR - mostly because I was in an indie rock band and we were paid in PBR a lot of times at small venues.

I am not ashamed to show up with 40's of Schlitz or Old English either. I'm also a fan of King Cobra and Mad Dawg 20/20. I'm a pig too! :mug:

Back in the good ole days when Walgreen's sold liquor, I could pick up a case of Schaeffer Light for $7.49. It was AWESOME.

Not only a decent beer at 31 cents a can...but they had absolutely a priceless jingle when I was growing up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nrRlXlbWCU]YouTube - Schaefer Beer Ad[/ame]

I'll drink absolutely anything. I'm a f*cking pig. I would drink Rosie O'Donnell's p*ss if it came in a ring pull can. :(

I had some in a bottle once.. it tasted like Bud Dry.

My swill of choice is Bud Ice or PBR, although I have to say that it doesn't happen very often... honest!

Hell...I'd drink a hoppy PBR...Matter of fact...last time I brewed I dropped a cascade pellet in a PBR, and it ain't bad.

I drink PBR, I like Coors. I BUD BASH, because I really hate Budweiser. If you can't tell the difference between any of the Light American Lagers, you need to quit smoking...you're killing your taste buds. Someone saying that all BMC tastes pretty much the same is, in my estimation, as ignorant as a BMC drinker saying that all "Dark" beer tastes the same.

Having said that, I'll poke a little fun at the BMC line.

I'll drink just about any beer if I'm at someone else's house and I run out of the beer that I brought.

You're probably right, BK. I'm sure that there are differences between all of those, but they're *so* similar that it may be difficult to tell exactly what those differences are other than identifying 'something' as different.

I drink the clamato beer. I like it. Its so flucking nasty but I like it. My wife wont even look at me when I drink it. And I know I shouldn't. I has clams in it! And not fresh clams either I am sure its nasty canned clam juice from skanky old clam brothels or something but what the hell I drink it. Funny thing is I don't care for bud without the clams.

SWMBO and ALL her girly friends drink the piss out of Clamato thay have been adding it to MBC for years.

i for one drink the hell out of MBC mostly busch beer ,, but then i am a hard working MotherFÜcker and on the weekends and days off me and my buddy run a saw mill and makeing hardwood trim and lumber , we work sun up to sun down with heavy logs and powerful wood shapers , and kill a 30 pack or 2 .
there is just no way we could do this and still have fingers much less arms with good beer
we allso do the same thing when we are building houses and doing constrution witch is more offton then not
and there aint no shame in it
but when i am truly relaxing or haveing a nice meal i mosly drink homebrew and preimum beer

I haven't bought BMC for many years. You only get so many calories in a lifetime yaknow:p

I do accept BMC with a smile when a BMC'er hands me one. Then I open my throat and dump before the damn mountains turn pale:tank:

Back