lime-a-rita

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffMongoloid

Reaction score
My girlfriend just came home with a lime a rita from bud lite... its not my cup of tea but i was curious on the ingredients. No where on the can does it say whats in it and i couldnt find nething online..... Ne one know whats in this drank?

It sure is good! :drunk:

IMAG00061.jpg

To me it tasted like Bud Light lime, salt, and tequila.

I've been dying to try this. I don't like Budlight by itself, but I love margaritas and wouldn't mind a drink/beer for the summer that captures some aspects of my two favorite beverages.

I've been dying to try this. I don't like Budlight by itself, but I love margaritas and wouldn't mind a drink/beer for the summer that captures some aspects of my two favorite beverages.

I hated tequiza back in my swill guzzling college days, but I admit this test "beer" of Lime-R-Ita wasn't half bad. And, it's 8.0% :drunk:

IIRC they suggest pouring it over ice. :drunk:

Tasted it tonight. It's not that bad. It's just over flavored with the margarita mix. However, if you pour it over ice to thin it out a touch it's not bad for what it is. The can said it was malt. Honestly I'd just make skeeter pee minus the real lemon and back flavor with margarita mix and you'd have a similar result minus the malt flavor. But you could also use malt and get it even closer.

I've been thinking about trying them. The wife makes Beergaritas pretty frequently anyway with whatever rockgut swill I might happen to have in the fridge (For example, Steel Reserve while not particularly tasty, has a modest alcohol level and works fantastically with tomatoes to get the alcohol soluble sugarts out when cooking). They also make decent Beergaritas with miniscule amounts of work. The convenience factor is really the only plus I can see for them though.

If you like Margaritas and beer. Goto Chilis and get their coronita. It's awesome! It's a pony Corona bottle upside down in a margarita.

No chilis closeby. :( Shame too since I like their strawberry frozen margaritas if you get them rimmed with salt instead of stupid colored sugar.

Rockgut swill beer does make decent margs tho. Quick and easy too without being icky sweet.

This is NOT beer. Its a malt beverage. As such, I am a big margharita fan, and this doesnt suck with a shot of silver tequila, a twist of orange and a big wedge of lime squeezed and dropped in a big salted rim pint glass over ice. Makes a kickass fizzy margharita that way. Just dont expect to be drinking a beer. Oh and its so popular they cant keep it on the shelves. Its been gone here for a month. Production is lagging bad. Too many people figured out how to make a decent cocktail outta the thing.

May partially be the locale. I see cases of them every single time I go to the store.

And ya, I wasn't expecting a beer out of it. :) Figured it'd be more like Zima.

Tried one for the first time tonight, I thought it was pretty good. I bet it'd be great for floating the river. Haven't got ant leads on a recipe tho.

I've been hiding in the closet on this topic since August. Someone brought a twelve pack on a mountain bike ride (another story all together) and they're f*ckin' good. I like how they come in 8 oz cans...at 8% you only need a couple to get going!

Picked one up while celebrating my successful hunt yesterday. Needless to say, I just bought two more! No way around it, this thing is awesome. I've never been one to bash BMC (other than my close call with one of their kegs on the highway...), so I have no problem admitting that I'll be drinking these every so often from now on.

Picked one up while celebrating my successful hunt yesterday. Needless to say, I just bought two more! No way around it, this thing is awesome. I've never been one to bash BMC (other than my close call with one of their kegs on the highway...), so I have no problem admitting that I'll be drinking these every so often from now on.

Whew! For some reason I feel validated.

Try pouring one over a glass of ice. Mmm!

I'll openly bash them over this stuff. Mostly because it felt like AB bashed my head in my first morning after drinking them all night. Other than that, they're almost too easy to drink for being 8% abv. Almost in the same lane to drunk town as a nice crisp IPA or Tripel.

Back