Sierra Nevada Brewery Tour Tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtduffy

Reaction score
So at the end of June I won a local home brew competition here Reno Nevada. It was the first competition I've entered so it really meant a lot to me. My prize was a tap handle trophy, 1lb of hops and a VIP tour and dinner at the Sierra Nevada Brewery. Tomorrow is the day, I'm pretty excited. I've tried most of what Sierra Nevada has to offer, but I've heard they have brewery only beers on tap and also offerings from what the Beer Camp folks have brewed.

I'll give an update once I make it back home if anyone is interested.

That sounds awesome. Post some pics if you can. I did a similar thing with sam adams, which was, well, sam adams. But SN, I'd be very stoked for that. Their head brewer did an awesome podcast with the brewing network a couple weeks ago, you should check it out.

Sounds great. I can't wait to go on my next tour of a brewery. Every time I've been on one was pre-homebrewing and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I only wanted samples.

The "civilian" tour is pretty lame, but the facility is gorgeous and is redolent of bitter wort. Oh, and the beer is pretty good too.

I took a trip up there a couple months ago. The food is as amazing as the beer. The tour is kind of weak, but it's still worth it. The copper kettles are beautiful. I have pics online, but I don't want to spoil your fun by posting the link.

Well I just got home from my tour and dinner. I certainly got a lot more then the "civilian" tour. I got to see everything from the grains being cracked to the beer being bottled. They took me into the basement under the kettles and I got to try hot wort right out of the kettle. I got to go into their hop room and smell each of the hops they use. And while in the hop room they made a delivery of fresh hop cones from the onsite hop fields. Even made it onto the roof to see all of the solar panels then down onto the bottling and kegging floor to see up close the bottling / labeling / packaging process.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm just super stoked on the experience I just had.

Try the Stein Altbeir? I was just down there yesterday didnt see the brew camp beer. Might not be ready yet?

Well I just got home from my tour and dinner. I certainly got a lot more then the "civilian" tour. I got to see everything from the grains being cracked to the beer being bottled. They took me into the basement under the kettles and I got to try hot wort right out of the kettle. I got to go into their hop room and smell each of the hops they use. And while in the hop room they made a delivery of fresh hop cones from the onsite hop fields. Even made it onto the roof to see all of the solar panels then down onto the bottling and kegging floor to see up close the bottling / labeling / packaging process.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm just super stoked on the experience I just had.

Dude,

Where are the pictures?!?! I think it is a rule or something isn't it?

I did try the Stein Altbeir and I thought it was very good. Also the Chico crystal wheat and the Kolsch were also good. The Beer Camp beer was the Saison Vice. I took home a growler of it becasue I know I wasn't going to be able to get it again.

I'm working on he pictures today.

Sounds like an awesome time. Likewise most of the tours I've been on have been pretty basic, sounds like you got to see all the good stuff :).

After reading this thread late last night I had a dream I was on the tour. For some reason they had all the Stone beers on tap back there.:confused:
I'll have to go get some of that Saison.

I did try the Stein Altbeir and I thought it was very good. Also the Chico crystal wheat and the Kolsch were also good. The Beer Camp beer was the Saison Vice. I took home a growler of it becasue I know I wasn't going to be able to get it again.

I'm working on he pictures today.

That is more my speed. It's too bad they don't offer that for everyday patrons. I would gladly pay a few bucks to go in and see the real stuff. Now that you've had your experience I'll share my photos.

Back