Patience is a virtue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

businesstime

Reaction score
I've had a IIPA in bottles now for 6.5 weeks. I was worried that I botched the recipe because it hadn't been clearing up and the carbonation was less then desirable. I used DME, so that also had me worried.

I've tried a new bottle each week for the past 4 weeks and it was slowly getting better, but still cloudy and under-carbed. Well, tonight, I tried one again, and it seems like my bottles have undergone a metamorphosis overnight!! Wow, it is incredible now! Clearing up nicely and just the right amount of carbonation for a IIPA!

I'm so in love with home brewing now :mug:

My IIPA was pretty good, but 4 months after I bottled it it became awesome, and surprisingly didn't lose any hop character. Everything just kinda blended together better over time and it turned out great. Sucks I only had a couple bottles left. Oh well live and learn.

Be careful, sometimes the last bottle isn't always the best. I saved some pale ale and some wheat from my Christmas beers (last Christmas) and they were past their peak after 9 months. Not that I expected them to age well, but it was an expirement worth trying once.

Back