Billy Powell: RIP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
The legendary piano player from Lynyrd Skynyrd died yesterday. Can you imagine that reunion with Ronnie Van Zant after 31 years?

I know there will be some Free Bird, Tuesday's Gone, and Simple Man in my playlist this weekend while kegging and bottling.

Now, someone just needs to put together a tribute brew :mug:

I would, but no ingredients and no money to buy any...........

(edited to add) I think I'm gonna label the Stout I have in Primary "Skynyrd Stout" or somethin like that......

any help with a label?

Love me some Skinnard. That sucks. I need to get out Street Survivors. "I Know a Little" is a bad groove.

Love me some Skinnard. That sucks. I need to get out Street Survivors. "I Know a Little" is a bad groove.

Yes it is. Its weird cuz if you asked me what my favorit band is I would probably never go with Skynyrd because it just sounds so cliche. Yet, I can't think of a single song of thiers that turns me off, and if I look through their catalog there are so many great ones.

Billy played the piano(one of the best for the style) not the drums

DUH! I knew that, but for some reason the brain didn't communicate with the hands whilst typing :eek:

I fixed it.

I went to a concert in Billing about 10 years ago. they were there for the fair. They would sell concert books for all the shows at the fair during the week. The other acts were always some flash in the pan pop country groups. It was awesome, all the young cowboy wanna be's were leavin with their ears plugged it was so damned loud. All the old hippies were jammin out:ban:

DUH! I knew that, but for some reason the brain didn't communicate with the hands whilst typing :eek:

I fixed it.

I went to a concert in Billing about 10 years ago. they were there for the fair. They would sell concert books for all the shows at the fair during the week. The other acts were always some flash in the pan pop country groups. It was awesome, all the young cowboy wanna be's were leavin with their ears plugged it was so damned loud. All the old hippies were jammin out:ban:

My ears were still ringing all next day. But it was worth it. :rockin:

Billy will be missed. My favorite riff from him is on Call Me The Breeze. I saw them about 5 years ago at the Laughlin River Run. They used technology to have the new band playing with the old original band. It was an awesome show!

Back