send my beer out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamatt

Reaction score
does anyone know of a place I can have my beer sent to to be tasted and mabey tell me whats wrong?

Send it to a competition and prepare for a slaughter. That's about all you can do.

You don't learn to diagnose your beer by sending it out. You send yourself out to learn more about beer. Taste lots of it...good beer, bad beer, every beer! Drink beer in the company of those who know about beer. Pick their brains. Learn as much as you can, and you won't have to rely on others to sample it and tell you how to brew it.

I've heard of brewers entering beer into contests to get a proffesional judge to give a proffesional opinion and advice. If you're gonna go through the effort of sending it somewhere, it may as well be somewhere where the pros are giving opinions...they can tell you exactly what is good or off about the beer and give you real insight on what to change or continue doing...

Or you can just send it to me. ;) (Couldn't resist...)

-Tripod

You can send it to me, but lemme tell ya already it's all ruined, so I may as well dispose of it for you.

does anyone know of a place I can have my beer sent to to be tasted and mabey tell me whats wrong?
Enter it if you want it checked for style, get with a more experienced brewer if you want to learn how to change the taste. I have tasted award winning beer that to me was horrible tasting.

The thing about homebrew is if you are brewing it to drink you should be brewing what you and those you are sharing with like to drink. You are better off getting an experienced brewer to try it and have you describe what you don't like about it to find out how to change it. It could be as simple as using a different hop that is more to your taste.

You don't learn to diagnose your beer by sending it out. You send yourself out to learn more about beer. Taste lots of it...good beer, bad beer, every beer! Drink beer in the company of those who know about beer. Pick their brains. Learn as much as you can, and you won't have to rely on others to sample it and tell you how to brew it.

I went to a local club meeting for the first time last night. Boy was that fun and enlightening. Everyone brings what they've been brewing and samples are tried, comments made, discussions are generated on aspects of methods, malt, yeast, hops. I'll be going back, and when I have some beer to share I look forward to the comments and advice.

Cheers to Lancaster Homebrewers :mug:

Back