oktoberfest help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredderick

Reaction score
I am looking to make an oktoberfest nd need to k ow when to brew in order to have available in late September

Thanks

Well, I brewed an Oktoberfest in early October and drank it in late December and it was great. If you want the traditional schedule I think it was brewed near the end of winter/early spring and lagered until the fall. Someone should be able to tell you more beer history specifics

Thanks guys...this helps... I am brewing this weekend and just wanted to make sure I am not behind on brewing a marzen style beer

I will save it for next months brew

I brewed an Oktoberfest a couple weeks ago along with a couple other lagers and plan on cracking them all around the beginning of May.

Regarding recipes, I just used the one that I wrote for the BJCP exam maybe a year ago. Although I cannot really remember what style we had to write one for on the actual exam when I took it, I wrote one for every style that can be on the exam when I was practicing. I figured I went through the trouble of designing the recipes, so I may as well use them.

My recipe is basically 60/40 Vienna/Munich with about 4% caramel 40.

I just brewed this last month. http://dustinnorlund.com/index.php/just-did-it/brewing-a-birthday-beer

I ended up using WL oktoberfest yeast as my LHBS was out o fthe yeast the Op used. The beer is good it's only a month old at this point. I figure another two to three months lagering and it will taste much better i.e cleaner/crisper

Thank you for the recipe... Will this recipe better with age? I see there is only a 2 or 3 month fermentation and lagering period to the recipe

Back