That just sucks!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShepFL

ShepFL
Reaction score
Bought some grain for a BIAB Irish Red about a week ago. Threw in the pantry and got busy with life again (building deck + hunting season).

Tonight got everything cleaned up for brewing tomorrow night. Got my grains out to find out the damn weevils took over. Spent the last hr. trying to filter them out. Thought about making the batch but afraid might be eggs or infection or something.

Just gonna dump the whole grain bill and begin again Next time gonna throw my grains in a sealed fermenter. :mad:

Meh, extra proteins. Nothing that mash temps and a subsequent boil wont kill.

But if you usually make bread or dog treats with your spent grain, maybe skip this batch.

Don't do that dude. Just mash the little buggers.

I have experience in this matter. Make beer with the grain.

The weevils would want you to do this.
716686011_icon-32427.gif

VinceF said:
But if you usually make bread or dog treats with your spent grain, maybe skip this batch.
Right, because 170 degree mashed weevils are way worse than eating the occasional turd. ;)
passedpawn said:
I have experience in this matter. Make beer with the grain.

The weevils would want you to do this.
They would, too!

I know it won't hurt, just a joke. Wait, who said anything about eating turds? I feel like I'm in Happy Gilmore right now. "You eat pieces of s*** for breakfast?!"

GilaMinumBeer said:
bless dude, I thought I had a phorrid fly on my screen.

Hey that's pretty cool! I didn't get that through the app, had to open the browser. I wonder what else I've been missing.

Hey that's pretty cool! I didn't get that through the app, had to open the browser. I wonder what else I've been missing.

Worste part is, we get the scuttle flies/ phorrid flies often. And they are quick little bastards. Just when you think you got him smashed under finger he's zipping about on the other side.

Must have mashed that fvcking thing 3 times before I realised I'd been buffaloed.

Back