Sparkling Peach White Wine, Great Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question is this: the frozen concentrate lists preservatives in the ingredients--I thought this was a no no? QUOTE]

In the normal scheme of things, the preservatives are not to the extent that they will prevent your must from fermenting, especially if you always use a good starter. Personally I do not use k-meta on the start up of my must if I am working with a product that already contains preservatives. I will dose with k-meta when I rack for the first time to secondary and place airlock. If I am using part fresh fruit and part concentrate/juice w/ preservatives listed, I use only enough k-meta to dose the fresh fruit I am using.

Saramc you can't use wine bottles they are not pressure rated they will go pop. Either beer bottles, champagne, or swing tops. Oh and you use corn sugar not corn syrup.

My apologies on confusing anyone with my "corn syrup" comment, I never add a dry sugar to my must/wine, it is always a syrup form. So I would have turned my corn sugar into "corn syrup". And of course, if you are opting to finish this as a still wine you can use standard wine bottles...use the pressure rated bottles if you plan of proceeding with the sparkling component.

Out of curiousity---I wonder how many who have made this are making it as a sparkling wine or a still wine?? How long are you finding it will take before the wine will start to carbonate?

I have to replace my concentrate/juice because my son had a bonfire and it turns out they were looking for something to mix some drinks with and they drank it all (even got the concentrate out of freezer and mixed it up). Well, they left me ONE container of WGP concentrate. I had enough for a 3gallon batch. I have also noticed white grape peach MANGO juice on the shelf, ready to drink---so that may interest some people.

To the person who asked about a yeasty pinot that is to be bottled in about a week:
1. may consider starting a new thread
2. what yeast was used
3.. has it been sufficiently racked, is wine clear & not dropping sediment, did you filter it?
I would park it & check it in a month--if it is still smelling yeasty it is not yet ready.

this stuff is just getting better opened 2nd bottle tonight its better than the first 3 weeks ago

Finished it off just took off a batch of skeeter pee another batch of this is next ive already got it cooking

I have a gallon of something similar, although I only used 24 oz of Welch's White Grape-Peach Concentrate and Cotes de Blanc yeast. It ran like a champ and is now sitting happily in its secondary. I'll leave it for a few more weeks and rack it again, always a good time to taste test :tank: ) and see whether it suggests itself for bottling in swing tops. It smells heavenly, so I'm hoping the flavor will match. :)

Got a batch fermenting now using Nottingham yeast. Been cranking right along for past 3 days. Expect it will slow down this wx. Looking fwd to this for Jan party.

The white grape peach flavors really do well. I bottled a batch just a few days ago. Fermented with Lalvin 71b and it came out really smooth without much aging. I will love to know how the Nottingham turns out.

The white grape peach flavors really do well. I bottled a batch just a few days ago. Fermented with Lalvin 71b and it came out really smooth without much aging. I will love to know how the Nottingham turns out.

Here is results to date:
OG 1.070 and stopped at 1.010
Racked it to 2ndary and cold crashing now.
Plan is to backsweeten using APRICOT concentrate and WGP concentrate.
More to follow in coming weeks - planning to keg this for my 50th this Jan.

Hey Arpolis -
Plan was to back sweeten with Apricot. Could not find any so I used 3 cans WGP concentrate.
Was fine without the sweetening - very peachy nose and nice crisp finish. Wife wanted sweeter so did it for her tastes (Rieslings).
I really like how this turned out and have it sitting in keg now. Plan to sneak a bit for T-Day :)
Will let you know how it turns out once naturally carbed.

Hey shep thanks for letting me know. I back sweetened with two cans of wgp concentrate myself. I did not carb mine but I bet that would only help. With the 71b I don't think this is very peachy on the nose but defiantly there on the back end of the taste.

Oh and privat messages cleared out now. Gotta keep that clear.

just sweeten my 5.5 gal batch with sugar it tasted just as good as backsweeten with cont. you can still taste the peach at the end

looking nice would like to try it I have one question, can i make use of fresh fruit instead of juice?

mine actually had 2 lb of fresh peaches added. I think is helps with the body.

winewrangler said:
looking nice would like to try it I have one question, can i make use of fresh fruit instead of juice?

Well...not at this time of year. Not in the Western hemisphere, anyway.

just put on another batch of this stuff it is great to make and drink while my other wine ages in the carboy

So I was looking at this recipe and was considering a few tweaks to it. I'm new to the whole brewing thing (having one cider, beer, and wine under my belt) but I was looking to boost the abv up to the 15ish range, along with a powerful flavor.

For a 5-6 gallon batch, could I attain this by:
Adding two extra cans of the concentrates
Adding sugar to boost the og to about 1.125
And using lalvin ec-1118

I'm looking to keep it bubbly, not still, so I was hoping to get some reserved sweetness once fermentation is complete.

Any ideas how this would work???

So I was looking at this recipe and was considering a few tweaks to it. I'm new to the whole brewing thing (having one cider, beer, and wine under my belt) but I was looking to boost the abv up to the 15ish range, along with a powerful flavor.

For a 5-6 gallon batch, could I attain this by:
Adding two extra cans of the concentrates
Adding sugar to boost the og to about 1.125
And using lalvin ec-1118

I'm looking to keep it bubbly, not still, so I was hoping to get some reserved sweetness once fermentation is complete.

Any ideas how this would work???

1.125 is attainable, but I would try to stay away from Dextrose or table sugar.
EC-1118,IMHO, is not the right yeast. it will dry it out and could take away quite a bit of the flavor.
Try Agave Nectar for your sweetness, and RC-212 for your yeast.
As for wanting it bubbly if you have a keg set up, that works great.
I have bottled with Carb Tabs but it wasn't as good

So instead of adding the sugar to boost abv you think I should do nectar til I get to the desired og? And I don't have enough space to do kegging, but the original recipe had instructions for carbing it that I was going to use

Oh and any idea whether adding more concentrate would be a good idea or just stick to the recipe?

Oh and any idea whether adding more concentrate would be a good idea or just stick to the recipe?

the concentrate idea is fine, add it in to start, then let the yeast work!

The nectar is going to be thick and require a lot of stiring ( Before adding yeast)
I would keep the bottled juice at room temp or a little warmer so you can get the nectar stirred/mixed in.

The yeast I mentioned is a little slower than most, but IMHO produces a much better flavor.

I plan on letting it sit for awhile, I'm making it for an occasion six months in the future, any suggestions on how much nectar to use or just go by look?

Back