Backsweeten Skeeter Pee with Honey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medusa1066

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has tried this. I would like to "push" my Skeeter Pee into the "Other" Mead category at an pretty informal competition. Thoughts?

I typically backsweeten heavily with about 6-7 cups table sugar. I am curious if the honey flavor would be off with the lemon. Is this cheating to get into to the mead category:p .

Sounds like it could be tasty. However I don't think that back sweetening with honey would push it into the mead category. Think you'd have to ferment it with honey. Which could also be interesting to try. We could name it... "Skeeter-Bee".

I Seem to get an off aroma/nose in my skeeter pee. I found that a dark honey changes this nose to more pleasant floral note and went very well with the lemon. I was just messing around with my unsweetened skeeter pee in a glass though so I don't know how much you'd really need.

Sounds like it could be tasty, I would try it on a small scale. It could end up tasting like a cough drop to some pallets.

Back