Last night's Samuel Jackson impression

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidboswell

Reaction score
Mother ****in mice in my mother ****in grain!!!

True. I tossed it all today. Bags torn, and full of mice turds.

Any suggestion for storing? Thinking coolers or those large plastic Tupperware type containers with tight fitting lids.

Home depot orange buckets. Each bucket is $3.50 with the lid, holds EXACTLY half a sack of grain, stack well for storage, and are easy to move around

Home depot buckets have worked well for me. The gamma vaults look a lot better, but it wasn't worth the cost for me.

I bought a rubbermaid type container at the dollar store. It has handles and snaps shut. I have a 55lb sack and about 12lbs of specialty malt with room to spare.

Used food grade buckets + gamma seal bucket lids, a lot of delis and bakeries will give you the buckets for free and the lids are very cheap.

FWIW, I keep my base grains in thick cardboard barrels with locking plastic lids. Originally they held plastic pellets and I'm guessing they hold 30 gallons or more. Keep the grain in the original sacks, wrapped up tight.

They're in my basement, where I've seen the occasional mouse turd. I have glue traps setting around down there and have never caught one next to the grain bins. So far, I've not had a "breach" of my bins, but I always worry.

Specialy grains are kept in airtight plastic containers in the kitchen pantry. BETTER NOT ever be a mouse attack up there!

Back