Old miller sanke keg no tabs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billman

Reaction score
I'm trying to do a keggle conversion. I got a keg but it does not have the indention tabs to pop off the spring clip.

It says sanke keg on it from miller brewing company. The guy I bought it from just ripped out the ball bearing and rubber plug with a spring in the middle to get some of the beer out. It was a full keg by the way of nasty old beer! Looks like it had been sitting outside for a long time.

I tried hitting it counter clockwise to open and it won't even budge. Any ideas on how to open this?

Thanks for the thread!

I got it off! I think the main spring in the middle was pushed down and damaged in the down position. So, the safety latch was already unlocked. Unfortunately, the valve is toast.

I took a 1/2" fender washer put it in between the (2) tabs used a flat head screwdriver put that in the washer hole and turned counter clockwise. It gave the right amount of torque and twisted right off.

Back